cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrapping text at Web Analysis Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody have a clue how we can wrap the text at the columns of web Analysis Item at WEB application Designer 7.x

At the previous version 3.x it was something done with table interface class.

Although SAP clames that all this fancionality is part of BEx Web Interfaces as part of Web Item

Analysis Modifications like Column Width Module, I cant find something about adjust the column width and also enable word wrapping.

Regards,

Theodore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Column Width can be adjusted by using  Javascript .Columns will be adjusted as per te content  You have to just mention it as nowrap .It will work . .Please award points if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue . Do you have any solution to this problem now ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see following HTML being generated for every cell:

TD -> DIV -> SPAN -> Text

The span has NOWRAP property.

I believe if you rewire the table and set the wrapping property as per your requirement with specific width, then you could achieve what you want.

Actually parsing entire table and resetting such property is not difficult at all. It hardly affects the performance!

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific? I don't understand what do you mean. For the analysis Grid part the XHTML code is

<bi:ANALYSIS_ITEM name="ANALYSIS_ITEM_1" designwidth="400" designheight="200" >

<bi:DATA_PROVIDER_REF value="DP_1" />

<bi:DOCUMENT_ICONS_METADATA value="" />

</bi:ANALYSIS_ITEM>

You mean to use Custom Extension and change the html that the server returns to the web application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

This explains how the columnwidth module can be used for setting the column width

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already used this column width module. The thing I am not getting is how I will enable the wrap text for the characteristic columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theodore,

I am currently having the same issue with my Analysis item - have you managed to resolve this?

If so, could you offer some guidelines?

Thanks,

Oloy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately I didnu2019t. The only thing I do at the moment is to change the column width, with the modification module mansion above cutting the text that overflows the column.

Regards,

Theodore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess SAP has to deliver a lot more of these handy modification modules to replace the API functionality that claims it did.

Regards,

Theodore

former_member241911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please lookup message [1292696|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1292696]. It describes how to switch on text wrapping on the column title when using the modification module ColumnWidth.

It works from BI Java SPS 18 Patchlevel 41 onwards. It has been released two weeks ago on 2009/04/03.

Best regards

ARNE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arne,

Went thru the note & implemented the same - however cannot see it reflecting in my WAD 7 template. I am on SP03 #3 & have implemented the column width modification module which works fine. Also, the note says the modification will affect only the column header lines - in my template since I have the amount KF all in USD, it introduces another line to show the hardcoded '$'. Is this the reason as to why the modification doesnt reflect in the header line? The header lines for some columns still seem to be getting cut.

Thanks,

Priya