cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SAP License on HA machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

We had a situation overnight where the SAP License for our system suddenly expired at Midnight.

We were planning for a switch to our HA machine, which has a different hardware key. As part of this, saplicense was run to install the correct key on the HA machine. From looking into the issues overnight, it would appear that the key applied to the HA machine also applieds to the production machine.

My questions here are:

1) Does saplicense check the data area R3<SID>400/R3_00 and then apply the license key to the machine that has the host name in there - DVEBMGS<HOST_NAME>? If so, that implies that the key updated on the current live machine instead of the HA box.

2) Does saplicense only update table MLICHECK? We do not replicate MLICHECK specifically for so that we can maintain seperate keys on different machines.

3) Or is there a location in an IFS directory i.e. usr/sap/trans (which is on our Dev box) that also holds details of the license key?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

what happens after expiry license sap ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Get the new license from SAP Service market place, Using SAP* user id you can apply the new license on expired SAP system.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I used to apply the license keys of both servers (production and backup) and just replicate the table MLICHECK. In fact I added the license keys of TST and QAS as well, so I don't have to deal with it when refreshing TST/QAS.

Best regards,

Victor

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dan,

I haven't used saplicense, at the OS, since I began working on the iSeries a couple of years ago so I can't directly answer your questions. But from what I've seen, when a license expires, I can still log in with SAP* and apply the license via tcode: SLICENSE. You'll want to make sure to exclude MLICHECK from replication though, or else it will overwrite your license on the HA side.

~TJ