cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start System Information Page from J2EE engine index page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, can one of you help me out

I have installed a complete GRC landscape on NW 7.0 / Windows2003 server / Oracle 10.2.0.4 but when I start up the J2EE engine I cannot view the System Information page from the index page. I get the follwoing error in each of my dev/qa/prod systems.

com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.ServletNotFoundException: Requested resource [/SystemInfo] not found.

The other pages such as Web Dynpro Tools or SAP netweaver Administrator etc are working fine.

I have tried to start the System Information page by entering the URL directly in my browser but stil I get the error.

The J2EE engine is on SP17 which is the latest.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the workaround, it soved the issue.

Thanks

Jitu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

We had 2 problems with our system one was fixed by just correcting the URL as shown previously in this thread. The other was fixed by applying SAP Note 1281251 - System information exception: Connection is invalid

Please try applying the respective patch attached to this note via SDM - no restart required.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the following note

Note 1291202 - SystemInfo application does not open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that after following note 1291202. I got my issue solved.

All I did was to edit both files : main.html and main.jsp in the suggested directory in all the servers and that solved it!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

No, so far SAP haven't given us a permanent solution although the manual work around I've mentioned in the thread works for the time being.

Regards

Steve

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Did you get any reply from SAP on this...I'm too facing with same issue.

Also workaround suggested by you is not working here...can you please tell me how you can check Component information for my GRC system.

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madimetja

Actually no we don't yet have a permanent answer to the problem but SAP are aware of it and are working on it according to my customer message. They've asked me to telnet in to the java engine and make a change the send them the screenshots.

When and if I get a solution to this I'll post it on this thread.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

We are facing similar issue. Did u get response from SAP on this?

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny

OK I think I've sorted this myself, although not how to fix it permanently.

We know it is working in SP14 so I copied the URL

http://<hostname>:50000/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

This works fine

In SP17 it is

http://<hostname>:50000/monitoring/SystemInfo

This fails because the /sap/ bit is missing, putting this in manually works fine.

I've raised an SAP Customer message to see if there's a hotfix for SP17 or some other way to fix this permanently

Many Thanks For your help

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven,

Did you manage to get a permanent fix for this problem?

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, This manual fix works ... Thank you!

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Benny

It certainly is a bit suspiciuos as to whether its actually fixed or not. We know that it worked when we installed the J2EE engine to NW 7.0 SP 14 but stopped working when we applied SP17.

I've got a customer message open to see if SAP can help. If they come up with an answer I'll post it in here.

Regards

Steve

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is a note about system pages:

[Note 1233282 - Fixed URL of System Information application on Start page|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1233282]

The URL of the System Information Application on the default J2EE Engine Start Page is fixed and points to the correct location.

The URL is fixed in SAP NetWeaver 7.0, SP17.

Now, that there was a bug that should be fixed in your SP makes me a little suspicious...

Regards,

Benny