cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manuall posting in FB01 for asset accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have done a Asset retirement by scrapping. The problem is that the users don't want to have the accounts suggested. The want to do a posting using FB01. Now we have a problem with the transactions codes for posting key 75.

In the first posting of the retirement transaction 140 and 240 is used. I can find transaction 140 but not 240 when I try to do the posting in FB01. What should I use to do the posting in FB01?

Regards

Ann-Sofie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me specify more closely.

We have done a Scrapping using transaction ABAVN. The posting is done as follows:

PK Account

75 1233 Asset

70 1239 Ackumulated depr.

40 7979 Value after depr.

Now we want to do a correction of the accounts as this:

70 1233 Asset

75 1235 Asset

75 1239 Accumulated depr.

70 1238 Accumulated depr.

Account 1233 and 1239 are reccon. account Asset, but 1235 and 1238 are not.

Is it possible to do a posting like this?

Regards

Ann-Sofie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you scrap a wrong asset? If so, when was it done? Is it in the current year? Now, are you trying to post a rectification entry?

It is possible to post the below said entry, after you make the changes in the master data of the Asset recon GL account. But I do not suggest that.

You should not be posting an entry to Recon account (Asset). This will lead to difference between subledger accounts and GL accounts. The best way would be to post the entries thru a Normal Asset GL account. (Create one if you done have one).

What type of account is 1235 & 1238?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann-Sofie,

Would you please provide details of how your user want to deal with Asset retirement by scrap? Please note that Asset retirement is at Subledger level and posting an entry by FB01 to the accounts is at ledger level, unless you use the Asset account for posting.

Transaction type 140 & 240 is not an accounting transaction type, they are Consolidation transaction type. They are used for summarizing several different Asset Accounting transaction types. It groups transactions types together that make up the same accounting transactions from the point of view of legal consolidation.

140 stands for Retirement- cost & 240 stands for Retirement- Depr.

For posting an entry to the Asset subledger using FB01, please use the following:

Posting keys - 70 for debit and 75 for credit

Transaction type - 100 - 199 for Acquisition, 200 - 299 for Retirements and 300 - 399 for Capitalizations.

former_member695461
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann-Sofie

By Posting thru FB01 (which is used to post documents to general ledger) your sub ledger (asset accounts) will not be hit. This will create imbalance between your G/L and Fixed Assets. The concept of automatic account determination is in place so that there is no inconsistancy cause between your sub ledger and general ledger. This configuration is done in T-code AO90.

So i would suggest this is not the rite way to retire FA theu FB01 as you only pass entry in G?l and not in FA.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Ann,

Have you try to use F-02 ?. I used it whenever I want to post into asset through FI. Just replace G/L account with asset number and select any posting key for those asset (I always use either external asset debit and/or external asset credit).