cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a job at os level

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ECC 6.0 running on unix/oracle. However we have a job (in sm37) which can not be deleted nor stopped from SAP.

How to do this from OS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer seems very helpfull. However in SM50 there is no BGD process running.

what do you suggest.

In sm37 I have the job active 175000seconds and I want to delete this job (as it is daily job and an othe occurance of the same job already finished )

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SM37 double click the job and press "Job details". In the popup you can see WP number/PID. Do you see any process with that PID in your OS level? If you have, try to kill it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM37, select the job and then follow the menu path Job->Check status.

I hope this will solve your problem

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To completely deactivate a job from running , select the next job occurence by searching its released status and then goto the tab Job--> Released to Scheduled.This will stop the job from running again.

However to terminate an active job,goto SM66 , Edit>Process>restart after error>yes and then Process>cancel-->with core.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can kill it from SM50 itself. Go to transaction SM50 and you will be able to see the background work process which is running that particular job. Select the work process >> process >> cancel with core.

If you want to kill it from OS level, you can get the process id of that work process from "PID" column in SM50 and go to OS level and kill it with "kill -9 <PID>

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way is to look process ID in SM50/SM66 and then type in OS level "kill PID", where PID is job's process ID.