cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing entry not completed in Meterial Ledger Since, Pre.Financial Year

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have few materials open (Closing entry not completed) since pre.year. Now i can not post entries in Pre.Fiscal Year as it is closed already. CKMH/CKMI can not be performed for pre.year. Materials are maintained with Price control S and Price det.3 in actual costing scenario. Pls guide me to close the material ledger OR any alternative?

With Regards

MSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can solve this by resetting the ML status by SAP supplied Utility program - ZCKML_RESET_STATUS_OF_PERIOD.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The normal ML process is to run the Closing Entries Material Ledger step only in the previous month. You probably knew that. Having said that, sometimes you need to drive the Closing Entry Completed status (70) to be there for previous periods for a variety of reasons. In order to do this, you will need to know the "Must" transactions. Single Level is "Must_Settle", Multi-level is "Must_Multi", Revaluation of Consumption is "Must_COGS", WIP Revaluation (if using), is "Must_WIP", Closing Entry is "Must_Close". You type the Must transaction into the t-code box and press enter, not Execute to run the previous periods before last month.

Another thing you can do is to un-check the 3 boxes in the CKMI (Closing step) parameters that say things like "Revaluate Material", "Revaluate Consumption", "Set CO Assignment". That way the entries won't be so intrusive. You can always record an entry in the G/L to eliminate any impact from those prior period CKMI transactions, if they happen.

I hope this helps you.

Juggler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for an answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you very much.

How does it work?

My problem is ML open since period 01.2007, but i do not want to close ( pass entries) the ML in FI Year 2007. If i do CKMH now in period 08.2008,i get Msg ."Carry out period-end closing for material 20132209 in the previous period" Msg no.805

Without affecting pre-year records, i want to do actual costing for current period or current year.

I trust you have an answer for this.

With regards

MSR