cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing serious performance issues in our development systems. We are having ECC and B17 development systems installed on one host(sapdev).

The RAM size of the host is 8gb.

Both the sytems are slow and if we restart the system in OS level the performace improves but after few hours it becomes slow again.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Jana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have noticed that in the application server in the process list there are many disp+work.exe processes are running consuming a lot of memory and at the same time in SM50 no work processes are being used.

Then how the dispatches is consuming so much memory?

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also note that the systems are only ABAP stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are many issues you might to look at to deal with these kind of problems, few things on top of my head:

jobs configurations (time, processes, table pickups for SQL jobs)

processes configurations, (bgs vs dia)

o/s configurations and network configuration

there are no standards to any of this so I suggest getting a performance book that will help you configure your system according to your needs,

Regards,

Samer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

The database is SQLSERVER2005. There are two systems running on the same host. As of now I have not noticed anything degradeble.

The Ram is 8 GB and I have given swap space 8*3+1= 25 GB evenly distributed in the drives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have reduced the value for the physical memory size and extended memory size now from 3gb to 2gb in both the systems.

PHYS_MEMSIZE = 2 gb

em/initial_size_MB = 2gb

also

abap/buffersize = 450000 kB Size of program buffer

Could you please let me know what are the other profiles i shall look upon?

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Jana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

I would like to know the database of the SAP system.

If its an Oracle database I would suggest you check for the schedule of all the SAP standard background jobs, also have a database schedule for Updating the Statistics on the Oracle Database. You can also execute this using the BR Tools.

I would also suggest you to check the SWAP space provided for the SAP systems, since we have two SAP systems operating on a single host we would require more space than the normal scenario.

Please specify whether the systems have only ABAP or both ABAP + JAVA instances also mention the current Swap Space allocated.

As mentioned by you that you see the performance to be normal when you restart the SAP Systems, please mention if you find any performance degrading measures in the ST02 Buffer Tuning transaction after some time of the SAP system operating.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit,

You are running two system (ECC and BI7) on one host with only 8 GB RAM. I think you should consider adding more RAM.

You could also consider set your SAP and/or DB parameter more lower since you only have 8 GB RAM.

Could you post your SAP and DB parameter so we could analyze ?

ardhian

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You are running two system on one host with 8 GB RAM.

Can you please let us know how much memory you have assign to SQL server and how much for R/3 of each system.

Do you have both system as double stack? ABAP + JAVA?

Thanks and regards,

Atil