cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant network depending on the value of the characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a project from a sales order for a configurable material. The problem is that the network should be slightly different depending on the value of the characteristics used in the configurable material. For example, it could happen that one operation should not be executed, or that this operation should take longer because of the characteristics.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard networks are the only configurable objects in PS. You can create it through T code CN01 and then use the assembly processing in your case.

check the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/a9/8a853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

A Project is automatically generated from a sales order, when material in line item have been allocated in CN08, This determines which WBS structure is to be used as the basis for project creation, which has also been linked to a STD network, Bcoz SD/PS assign is ON. in the STD PROJECT DEFINATION control data.

ON - A WBS leg is created for each sales order line item including similar Network.

In OPSA only one root must not be ticked.

Setting in Material Master.

Delivery Plant in SALES ORG VIEW 1

Item Category Group SALES ORG VIEW 2

MRP type: NO MRP indicator ND

Strategy group: 85

Individual /coll reqmt: left blank /1 individual reqmt.

MAETRIAL must be configurable.

let me know if u need more help

CHECK all this seeting in your reqmt.

Hope this will solve ur problem.

ONE more thing, u will get the RESULT in CNS41.

u will find Project from sales order like CNS41, DB profile- tick selection criteria as sales doc.

value from sales doc will be planned revenue for corresponding WBS.

REGARDS

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers, but I needed a more specific answer. Anyway, in the end I found the solution:

- I had to create a configuration profile for the standard network (CU41), and then I had to assign the same class as the one assigned to the configuration profile of the configurable material.

- Then, I run t-code CN02, and I had to select one operation and then I clicked "Extras --> Object Dependencies --> Editor". And finally, I just chose the dependency type and filled it with its corresponding code.

Still, I have a problem:

- Is it possible to set the value of the Normal Duration (or any other parameter of the operation) depending on the value of one characteristic?

For example: The value of my characteristic A is 2, so I want to set Normal Duration = 10*(Value_of_A) = 20 for the first operation of the standard network. Is it possible in standard SAP???

Thanks!

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Two objects used in assembly processing in the Project System can be configured: the standard network and the material. You can use both a configurable material and a configurable standard network in one assembly order.

To use configuration, you assign a configuration profile to the configurable object. This profile contains details about the class to be used.

Please go though this link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/ab/5d4874733311d2b6600000e82d8bd1/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to use variant configuration via networks

Networks are the configurable objects in PS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a9/8a853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm