cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SMARTFORM knows which PE51 form to use for ESS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have Z-version of the smartform HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF; which I think calls transaction PE51 form ZESS. But is there any way to confirm this or use a different PE51 form. Please advise.

Also when I look at our custom smartform, it only shows the following section after 'Global Settings':

> Pages and Windows

> PAGE New Page

> MAIN Main Window

it does not show much, is this because it calls PE51 form. I am working to add a logo (which was not before), so your suggestion is highly appreciated.

Also could you guide me on how to test the changes from ECC side, once I add the company logo. Is it possible?

Thank you very much for all your information.

saplover

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN's,

Plz give the input for Smartform - customized Payslip - link to ESS - Salary statement in HRFOR feature.

How can we proceed...??

Regards,

Saisree.S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you ever get an answer to your question.. if so, I would be interested. we have the same issue.

Thanks,

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to have a specific PE51 form show up in ESS, specify your PE51 form in feature EDTIN (though a variant)

if you want to have a specific HRFORMS form show up in ESS, specify your HRFORMS form in feature HRFOR,

cheers,

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

I have tested both on both solution provided by you but still no payslip display in ESS. Is ther any other configuration that you think I missed out?

Thanks,

Khairul

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Then point HRFOR to your smartform as explained in previous reply, also check feature

EDPDF, read the documentation of these feature, It will be clearer

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you need to use PE51 form the following features need to be

configured:

1. HRFOR - This feature decides whether to use HRFORMS or CEDT forms

(configured in PE51) for the payslip. If HRFORMS, the name of HRFORM has

to be mentioned here. If PE51 needs to be used then $CEDT$ should be

specified.

2. EDTIN - This should hold the value of the variant to be executed in

the CEDT program (payslip program). The variant should be proper with

the with the correct CEDT (payslip) form name and other parameters.

3. EDPDF - The name of the smartform (standard smartform

HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF or customer specific form) used to show the output

in the ESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddardh,

Here in our box, we are not using the PE51 form, in this case How should I pop up customized Zpayslip in ESS portal with PDF formet.

If it is through Workflow/Badi...plz suggest me How can I explain to our technical person hr abaper.

Thanks for your valuable timing,

Kind Regards,

Saisree.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your and everyone's responses on this. I guess I am very close to getting the answer based on all these responses.

The only thing I am still clueless is the fact that by entering $CEDT$ in the feature HRFOR, the system picks my PE51 form. Currently I see it is picking up the form ZESS; but I would like the system to pick ZES2 instead. How can I do this.

Please help.

Thank you very much.

saplover

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is a feature(PE03) associated to determine the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Table T77WWW_REP and set the SAPSCRIPT to 'X'.

Enter the Smartform name ZHR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF as return value in EDPDF Feature (TCode PE03).

Also point the ESS service to the custom smartform in Table T77WWW_REP.

Hope this will be useful.

Regards,

N. Navaneethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all the responses.

However, I must admit that I'm still looking for the clue on how the smartform ZHR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF knows which PE51 form to use. I have two PE51 forms for ESS, one is called ZES1 and ZES2. And I am not sure how I tell my smartform in this example ZHR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF to pickup the form ZES2 instead of ZES1.

Please advise.

saplover