cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI31: Cannot Create Physical Inventory Document for a Certain Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP MM Friends,

Greetings! I am a budding MM functional analyst in our company. I received a call earlier regarding with transaction code MI31 (Selected Data for Physical Inventory Documents w/o Special Stock). The user cannot generate a physical inventory document for a certain material.

The thing is, we no longer have any stock for this material (MMBE). I tried generating physical document again by ticking "Only Materials with Zero Stock" but to no avail.

May I ask what might be the reasons behind? Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Albert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pleae check if material is flagged for deletion or not.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response, Prasad. I'm sorry, I am really new to MM. May I ask how would I do that?

Kind Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto transaction MM06, give the material / plant & then hit enter.

Check if you see any checkboxes selected or not.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have verified in MM06 that the material isn't flagged for deletion (there are no ticked checkboxes)..

Best Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check also the existing physical inventory document for material, probably you still have active physical document from previous period.

1. Go to MI22 --> select your plant, storage location or you can also specify your material number --> execute.

2. Check your Physical Document list, at field Status doc. --> if the status is Doc. active, but it is not in your current period, then it could be the problem.

3. Delete the physical inventory doc that you found in step 2 (use tcode MI02 --> physical doc, year --> choose delete button)

4. Try to create new physical document for the material.

hope this help.

rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob, I have verified in MI22 that there is no active physical document for the material. The last cycle count of this material was on July this year.

Best Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please send the error / warning you get.

Do you have split valuation in your material?

regards,

rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I got "List contains no data" in MI31. I type in the material code in the Material field under Database Selections. I choose "Create dcmts directly" under Control. I both tried choosing either "Only Materials with Zero Stock" and "Only Materials w/o Zero Stock", but to no avail.

Also, the material isn't configured for split valuation.

Thanks very much.

Best Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have filled up the Planned Count Date field.

Plant Count Date field is the date which you will do the physical inventory count.

If you left this field blank, then you will get List Contains no data.

Hope this help.

rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Yes, I have filled out the Planned Count Date field, but I am still getting the error message. I wonder what else could be the reason why I could not create a physical inventory document for this particular material.

Whether or not this material has stocks, I think I should be able to generate the document.

Best Regards,

Albert