Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know about BEGRU - Authorisation Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

can anyone tell me how i will know what are the contents of BEGRU found in Authorisation Object F_KMT_MGMT. i hve been able to know abt F_KMT_MGMT, i.e , the transaction code assign to it using SU24. BUT for BEGRU it is assign to all (*). how will i knw the contents.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to your functional guys. They're the ones that configured them and they will know the relevance of each one. There probabely is a table that holds them but I doubt if the information in there is complete....

Former Member
0 Kudos

BEGRU fields of authorization objects are generally optional and only activate security IF protected by a BEGRU value.

A * value in such an authorization field woudl seldom make any sense, except perhaps in the famous "SAP_ALL display" role...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

hI Julius

my task is to remove f-42 from authorisation. i have search for specific roles where f-42 is being used and remove them. however for some roles had to modify BEGRU from (all) * to N/A for it to work. so thats why i wanted to know abt its contents.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Okay, I understand.

Take a look in table TBRG to see whether any known values of the BEGRU are there for this object.

These don't have to be maintained, but it is better... (as you are now experiencing...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alongwith the valuable info given by Julius, below thread should also add furthur clarification to your query on BEGRU:

Edited by: Nagendran Govindarajan on Dec 3, 2008 4:07 PM