cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP Netweaver developer Studio 6.40 which installed MAXDB database also. Due to some reason I had to unistall the trial version of Developer studio, in this process developer studio got unistalled but not MAXDB.

*----

I use Add/Remove programs and uninstall MaxDB. I get the messages like this.....

Start uninstallation now (y/n) : Y (resoponse)

then message displays

found instance of J2E, cannot remove package..first remove all instances...

*----

I have stopped all the services, even then Iam getting such error message. How do I uninstall?

Help needed.

-Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just stop all the services related to Maxdb from control panel. Then uninstall with Add/Remove programs.

enjoy !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I came across this thread while searching for some answers. I tried installing the same package and encountered some problems. Then I upgraded the RAM from 1Gb to 1.5Gb, sucessfully uninstalled the whole thing (thanks to the tips on this forum) and tried reinstalling from scratch. But I am getting stuck at "Load Java Database Content". I don't see an error but it's sitting there for more than 100 minutes (Installation Progress: The task is running). It says "INFO: table CAF_RT_TYPMMP created" on the status bar at the bottom of the installation window.

<b>If I click on "Log View" I see the following (tail):</b>

PHASE 2006-02-21 14:42:09

JLoad Run

INFO 2006-02-21 14:42:14

Copying file C:/Documents and Settings/Neela Kumar/My Documents/My Received Files/NetWeaverFiles/NWInstall/NWSneakPreviewSP15/SneakPreviewContent/JDMP/IMPORT.XML to: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04SR1/WEBAS_COPY/ONE_HOST.

Copying file C:/Documents and Settings/Neela Kumar/My Documents/My Received Files/NetWeaverFiles/NWInstall/NWSneakPreviewSP15/SneakPreviewContent/JDMP/IMPORT.XML to: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04SR1/WEBAS_COPY/ONE_HOST.

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST\IMPORT.XML.

INFO 2006-02-21 14:42:21

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST\jload.java.log.

Working directory changed to C:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/sltools.

Working directory changed to C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST.

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10/bin/java.exe '-classpath' './sharedlib/antlr.jar;./sharedlib/exception.jar;./sharedlib/jddi.jar;./sharedlib/jload.jar;./sharedlib/logging.jar;./sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar;./sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;./sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;c:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar' '-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin' '-showversion' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.inst.jload.Jload' '-sec' 'J2E,jdbc/pool/J2E,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.key' '-dataDir' 'C:/Documents and Settings/Neela Kumar/My Documents/My Received Files/NetWeaverFiles/NWInstall/NWSneakPreviewSP15/SAP_NetWeaver_04_SR_1_Installation_Master\IM01_NT_I386\..\..\SneakPreviewContent\JDMP' '-job' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML' '-log' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.log' is written to the logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.java.log.

-

<b>sapinst_dev.log file has the following (tail):</b>

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:296]

CDomWalker::processStep()

Executing installation step J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_SERVER_CORE|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|JloadRun|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|removeSTAfiles

TRACE [iaxxccntrl.cpp:493]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step removeSTAfiles with key J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_SERVER_CORE|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|JloadRun|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|removeSTAfiles has been executed successfully.

Executing installation step J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_SERVER_CORE|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|JloadRun|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|runJava

TRACE [synxccuren.cpp:780]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEffectiveUser(iastring&)

effective user corresponds to real user

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

nodeType: 'UNKNOWN'

INFO 2006-02-21 14:42:21 [synxcpath.cpp:834]

CSyPath::createFile()

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST\jload.java.log.

TRACE [synxctask.cpp:66]

CEnvironmentJanitor::CEnvironmentJanitor()

Changing current processenvironment

INFO 2006-02-21 14:42:21 [syxxccuren.hpp:347]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setWorkingDirectory(iastring)

Working directory changed to C:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/sltools.

TRACE [synxctask.cpp:85]

CEnvironmentJanitor::~CEnvironmentJanitor()

Restoring current processenvironment

INFO 2006-02-21 14:42:21 [syxxccuren.hpp:347]

Working directory changed to C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST.

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10/bin/java.exe '-classpath' './sharedlib/antlr.jar;./sharedlib/exception.jar;./sharedlib/jddi.jar;./sharedlib/jload.jar;./sharedlib/logging.jar;./sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar;./sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;./sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;c:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar' '-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin' '-showversion' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.inst.jload.Jload' '-sec' 'J2E,jdbc/pool/J2E,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.key' '-dataDir' 'C:/Documents and Settings/Neela Kumar/My Documents/My Received Files/NetWeaverFiles/NWInstall/NWSneakPreviewSP15/SAP_NetWeaver_04_SR_1_Installation_Master\IM01_NT_I386\..\..\SneakPreviewContent\JDMP' '-job' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML' '-log' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.log' is written to the logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.java.log.

-

<b>XCMDOUT.log has the following (tail):</b>

> Subprocess stops at 20060221131543

OK

State

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060221131546

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n VARSHA -d J2E -u CONTROL,******** db_online

Execute Session Command : exit

> Subprocess stops at 20060221131546

OK

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060221131548

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n VARSHA -d J2E -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : sql_connect SUPERDBA,********

Execute Session Command : sql_execute SELECT KERNEL FROM DOMAIN.VERSIONS

> Subprocess stops at 20060221131549

OK

OK

END

'Kernel 7.5.0 Build 018-123-079-776'

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060221131550

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n VARSHA -d J2E -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : sql_execute SELECT VALUE FROM DBPARAMETERS WHERE DESCRIPTION='_UNICODE'

> Subprocess stops at 20060221131551

OK

OK

END

'YES'

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060221131555

Execute Session Command : sql_execute CREATE USER SAPJ2EDB PASSWORD ******** DBA NOT EXCLUSIVE DEFAULTCODE UNICODE

> Subprocess stops at 20060221131555

OK

OK

-

<b>Checked the x_cons on the DB and is as follows:</b>

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>x_cons J2E show ac

SERVERDB: J2E

ID UKT Win TASK APPL Current Timeout Region Wait

tid type pid state priority cnt try item

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>x_cons J2E show state

SERVERDB: J2E

The SERVERDB state is ONLINE

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>

I would appreciate some help.

Regards,

Kalyan

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes there are problems with special characters.

In the maxDB environment druing the installation we had them most of the times during the creation of the user since the password is not quoted.

That is the reason why I didn't come up with that. But good to know.

Thank you for the information.

Best regards, Stefan

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

the password I gave you ( sap ) was just some kinde of a default password. In general the password which is used for the user sap<sid>db should be the password which was asked at the beginning of the installation. There was a "general password". This password should be used here.

You can change the password with this command:

dbmcli -d DJB -u control,control -uSQL superdba,admin sql_execute alter password sapdjbdb <new password>

Then try to continue with the installation.

Best regards, Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that. But before I saw your reply, I had tried to reinstall again, but it gave me the same error twice. I tried the command to create the user again, which you had given before. It threw me error. But when I ran the installation again, it went throught without a glitch !!! Don't know how it worked. But after (successfull) installation, I started facing deployment issues. So I finally decided to start a fresh.

I removed all instances of MaxDB, all packages and the J2EE instances. Then I started the installation again and made one major <b>change</b>... I was using passwords which had special characters... & I read in one <b>OSS note</b> that <b>special characters '<' '>' '&'</b> will cause problems with XML parsing. Even though I was not using these special charactes, I decided <b>NOT</b> to use any. And Bingo... the full installation ran without any problems at any step and my server was up and running in 40 min !!!

I don't know if that was the problem.. but I have not done any other changes in the system or during setup.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumith Rajagopalan

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

this looks also strange to me.

I would suggest to create the user by hand. Then we will see if the installation continues.

To create the user by hand proceed as follows:

1.) Stop SAPINST.

2.) Run this command in a dos-box

dbmcli -d DJ1 -u control,control -uSQL superdba,admin sql_execute create user sapdj1db password sap dba not exclusive defaultcode unicode

When this was succesfull start sapinst with the option :

...\sapinst.exe SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

inside of the installation directory.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The password that you had given is any password or one of the password that was given during configuration.

Because when i restarted the install, it did continue, but stopped at 'Load Java Database...' with the following error:

<i>ERROR 2005-01-18 12:04:51

CJS-20065 Execution of JLoad tool 'C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin/java.exe '-classpath' './sharedlib/antlr.jar;./sharedlib/exception.jar;./sharedlib/jddi.jar;

./sharedlib/jload.jar;./sharedlib/logging.jar;./sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar;

./sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;./sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;

c:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar;C:/usr/sap/SJ1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce_export.jar;

C:/usr/sap/SJ1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/SJ1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;

C:/usr/sap/SJ1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/SJ1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar' '-showversion' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.inst.jload.Jload' '-sec' 'SJ1,jdbc/pool/SJ1,C:\usr\sap\SJ1\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:\usr\sap\SJ1\SYS\global/security/

data/SecStore.key' '-dataDir' 'D:/WebAS6.40SP9MaxDB7.5/WebAS\J2EE_OSINDEP\J2EE-ENG/JDMP' '-job' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML' '-log' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/jload.log'' aborts with returncode 1. Check 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/jload.log' and 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/jload.java.log' for more information.</i>

The log file jload.java.log says....

<i>Jan 18, 2005 12:06:03 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination</i>

and jload.log says........

<i>18.01.05 12:04 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination

18.01.05 12:06 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

INFO: Jload -sec SJ1,jdbc/pool/SJ1,C:\usr\sap\SJ1\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:\usr\sap\SJ1\SYS\global/security

/data/SecStore.key -dataDir D:/WebAS6.40SP9MaxDB7.5/WebAS\J2EE_OSINDEP\J2EE-ENG/JDMP -job C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML -log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/jload.log

18.01.05 12:06 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination</i>

If it was some one among the config passwords.. how to change the same...

Thanks,

Sumith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith..

have you got this issue resolved ?? I too have same problem & i dont have the Database System Administrator login - userid & pwd also. I mean i donno where to get them from. i installed the MaxDB and created the instance from client 7.1 installation. So it never asked me for setting a user-id and pwd.

Please guide me further.

thanks & Regards,

Rajesh

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

did you already try user control and password control as shown in the above replies?

If this does not work: do you remember setting a master password during the installation?

Then try user control with this master password.

Maybe even the following command might work if executed as <sid>adm user:

dbmcli -U c db_drop

When "dbmcli db_enum" does not show any database instances anymore, you can uninstall the MaxDB software using SDBUNINST.

Best regards,

Melanie

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think it has something to do with the Operating system.

Please restart the installation.

It should start hanging imediately right ?

When it hangs run the statement again:

c:\sapdb\programs\bin\x_cons DJ1 show ac

Then we can see if something is going on in the database.

Check then also again the file xcmdout.log.

It is also possible to create the user by hand and then set the step to ok. But this should be our next step.

Best regards, Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I restarted the installation & i said continue old installation. It started where it had left and it stood there. This is the output of the command x_cons:

<i>

tid pid state priority cnt try item</i>

The formatting of the output is not coming correct. Its like the 'tid' entry is below 'Win'... the 'pid' entry below 'APPL'.... the 'state' entry below 'Current'... the 'priority' entry below 'Timeout'... and 'cnt try' below 'Region'. Hope it helps.

Nothing new was added to the log XCMDOUT.log.

I don't understand what is going wrong. Could you please shed some light on this.

Thanks.

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

it seems to stop/hang in this phase:

DatabaseSchemaOperations|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|CreateDbSchema

In this phase the database schema ( SQL user ) is created inside of the database.

That means the database has to be up and in Online mode.

Please run these commands to check wether this is the case or not:

In a dos-box

c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli db_enum

c:\sapdb\programs\bin\x_cons DJ1 show state

c:\sapdb\programs\bin\x_cons DJ1 show ac

Please paste the output into this case.

Is there a file called XCMDOUT.log in the installation directory or in the directory c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\ ?

if so please paste the last lines also into this case.

Best regards, Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the output of the commands: The database is online as it is shows up in the SAP Managemenet console too.

<i>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli db_enum

OK

DJ1 c:\sapdb\dj1\db 7.5.0.18 fast running

DJ1 c:\sapdb\dj1\db 7.5.0.18 quick offline

DJ1 c:\sapdb\dj1\db 7.5.0.18 slow offline

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>c:\sapdb\programs\bin\x_cons DJ1 show st

ate

SERVERDB: DJ1

The SERVERDB state is ONLINE

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>c:\sapdb\programs\bin\x_cons DJ1 show ac

SERVERDB: DJ1

tid type pid state priority cnt try item

</i>And the entries in XCMDOUT.LOG is

<i>> Subprocess starts at 20050117204149

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n INFPW01400 -d DJ1 -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : sql_execute SELECT KERNEL FROM DOMAIN.VERSIONS

> Subprocess stops at 20050117204150

OK

OK

END

'Kernel 7.5.0 Build 018-123-079-776'

-

> Subprocess starts at 20050117204151

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n INFPW01400 -d DJ1 -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : sql_execute SELECT VALUE FROM DBPARAMETERS WHERE DESCRIPTION='_UNICODE'

> Subprocess stops at 20050117204152

OK

OK

END

'YES'</i>

Is there something that I have not set. My machine is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. But the earlier installation which I had written was working was on Windows 2000 Server. After format I had installed Win 2K AS. Can this in anyway affect the installation.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumith

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume it might have something to do with the directory C:\program files\....

Maybe the installer cannot handle this directory right.

When you sort the installation directory after date and time which files was updated at last ?

Please paste the last lines from sapinst_dev.log into this case.

Best regards, Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

These are the lines before, I finally cancelled the setup in sapinst_dev.log file.

<i>TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

t_sapdb_sys_env.remove(WHERE 1=1)

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

t_sapdb_sys_env.insertRow(), inserting

TRACE [iaxxccntrl.cpp:493]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step Sapdb_sys_env_prep with key J2EE_EngineEnterprise_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|

ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_Engine_DB_SCHEMA|

ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|6.30|0|DatabaseSchemaOperations|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|Sapdb_sys_env_prep has been executed successfully.

Executing installation step J2EE_EngineEnterprise_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|

ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_Engine_DB_SCHEMA|

ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|6.30|0|DatabaseSchemaOperations|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|CreateDbSchema

TRACE [syxxcfsmgt.cpp:907]

CSyFileSystemMgtImpl::isExisting(iastring,bool)

WARNING: THE FUNCTIONALITY YOU ARE USING IS DEPRECATED: CSyFileSystemMgtImpl::isExisting(const iastring & , bool , ISyNode::eNodeType ) const. Use CSyFileSystemMgtImpl::isExisting(const CSyPath & , ISyNode::eNodeType ) const instead.

TRACE [iaxxcnclhd.cpp:60]

doHandleDoc()

ACTION_CANCEL requested</i>

I hope this throws some light on whats happening. But I had installed the same on this machine before. And it had gone really smooth.

Thanks.

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

that only means that dbmcli is not in your PATH variable.

The standard path on Windows is \sapdb\programs\pgm

dbmcli should be in that folder.

Best regards, Stefan

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

I too am facing a similar situation. First I had SAP WebAS 6.40 with MS SQL server on SP5. But since it was giving us some problems we uninstalled it & installed the preview version with MaxDB which is available in SDN Download section. It got installed properly, but since we had not given all the settings properly, we decided to install the same & re-install.

But we uninstalled the WebAS without first uninstalling MaxDB. So on reinstalltion it gave error. Then on seeing this post, I uninstalled the MaxDB, but still it is not going through.

I even had the hard disk formatted, but again the installation is getting stuck at "<b>MaxDB Database Installation</b>" step.

This is what is shown in the log:

<i>INFO 2005-01-17 20:41:46 [syxxccuren.hpp:347]

Working directory changed to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST.</i>

It just stays at this position & does not process forward. I have tried leaving the system over night to see if it needs more time, but in the morning too, it is at the same place.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sumith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem and this is what I get when I do what you recommend: -

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

H:\>cd c:

C:\

H:\>c:

C:\>dbmcli inst_enum

'dbmcli' is not recognized as an internal or external command

operable program or batch file.

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry for the late response.

It seems that there are still database instances registered on your server.

Please run this command in a dos-box to find out what is installed:

dbmcli inst_enum

dbmcli db_enum

inst_enum just writes out the installed software.

db_enum writes out database instances which are on the host.

To get rid of the database instances you can run this command:

dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_stop

dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_drop

DB1 has to be replaced by the true database name.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

thanks for your instructions. i am trying to do the same thing. but i am having some difficulty still. please help.

"dbmcli db_enum" returns the following on my machine:

OK

J2E C:\SAPDB\J2E\DB 7.5.0.7 fast offline

J2E C:\SAPDB\J2E\DB 7.5.0.7 quick offline

J2E C:\SAPDB\J2E\DB 7.5.0.7 slow offline

"dbmcli -d J2E -u control,control db_stop" returns simply:

OK

but the Add Or Remove Programs still can't uninstall MaxDB. here is the screen display:

-

uninstall following package(s):

Database Kernel c:/sapdb/j2e/db 7.5.00.07 32 bit

PCR 7500 c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

PCR 7403 c:/sapdb/programs 7.4.03.29 32 bit

DB Analyzer c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

Webtools c:/sapdb/programs/web 7.5.00.07 32 bit

XML Indexing Engine c:/sapdb/programs/web 7.5.00.07 32 bit

ODBC c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

Server Utilities c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

Loader c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

PCR 7104 c:/sapdb/programs 7.1.04.43

JDBC c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.02

PCR 7300 c:/sapdb/programs 7.3.00.44

PCR 7301 c:/sapdb/programs 7.3.01.12

Base c:/sapdb/programs 7.5.00.07 32 bit

start uninstallation now (y/n)?y

found instance J2E

cannot remove package "Database Kernel": first you have to remove all instances

fatal error at Th, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:53:56

press any key...

-

thanks.

wentao

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wentao,

you apparently still have an instance on your machine, which you should drop, if you really want to uninstall MaxDB.

After you've made sure your instance is down, using:

"dbmcli -d J2E -u control,control db_state"

-> it should say:

OK

State

If the above fits your output, you can then drop the instance, using:

dbmcli -d J2E -u control,control db_drop

After the above step, you can try to use Add or Remove Programs again to uninstall the MaxDB software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan, thanks for your help!

Your advice worked very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to use the following on MaxDB 7.5 to be successful

dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_offline

dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_drop

db_stop hinders db_drop to be run.

> Hello,

>

> sorry for the late response.

> It seems that there are still database instances

> registered on your server.

> Please run this command in a dos-box to find out what

> is installed:

> dbmcli inst_enum

> dbmcli db_enum

> inst_enum just writes out the installed software.

> db_enum writes out database instances which are on

> the host.

> To get rid of the database instances you can run this

> command:

> dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_stop

> dbmcli -d DB1 -u control,control db_drop

> DB1 has to be replaced by the true database name.

>

> Hope that helps,

> Stefan