cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G?L Accounts for Taxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

We can do the tax postings from the FI Accounting Under Taxes on Sales /Purchases. through account keys and the Tax codes.

Please tell me now from the SD side Pricing :

Do we agin need to define the account keys for the Tax posting as it is already done in the FI.

Plez Explain.

regards,

A S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AS

As you said, it is done by FI. From SD side, you are assigning the account key in pricing procedure and also in VKOA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi,

Why do we require to maintain the Accounts agin in the SD VKOA

I have Simulated the Taxes in the accounting documents generated the TAx accounts gets populated with the Tax codes and the amount.

I have not maintained anything in the VKOA for the TAx accounts .

Please clarify.

regards,

A S

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AS

Sorry I have not given the suggestion correctly. For sales related conditions, my first suggestion holds good but for tax, it is not necessary to maintain in VKOA. It will consider from OB40 where you would be maintaining the respective G/L Accounts against the tax condition types but again, please note if you assign a different G/L Account in VKOA, then the system will give priority to VKOA first.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AS,

VKOA is basically used to determine Revenue A/Cs types, such as Revenue, Sales Deductions, Frieght etc.; based upon Condition Types - KOFI & KOFK (To know more about KOFI, KOFK, either search forum or I'll provide links to my posts in some of the threads).

VKOA settings are also used to determine Provisional A/Cs like, Accruals or Rebate etc..

You define G/L accounts for MM integration at T Code: OBYC, and for SD T Code: VKOA. When you post purchase order the is no posting to FI, when you post invoice or goods receipt then there is affect in FI. Where as in SD when you post sales order no entry to FI; when you post sales invoice for post goods issue then there is affect in FI. For this, 2 MM and SD transactions to post to fi you have to give accounts at T code OBYC and VKOA.

This is basically the The Accounts Receivable (FI-AR) module, which is closely integrated, for above explaination.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Reference:

[Integration - FICO with other Modules|http://www.sap-img.com/financial/integration-of-fico-with-other-modules.htm]

[Account Determination|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2d/bdd69dd9b411d199d80000e8a5bd28/content.htm]

Answers (0)