Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tx.sapssd pops up with open, save and cancel options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

A weird issue!

When the end-user tries to connect to a transaction iview he gets a pop-up saying the above.

Observations :

1. For most of the users, it works fine.

2. Tried the note : 901949 but not able to locate the SSD_URL_Postfix = /tx.ssd as per this note.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the version of your portal?

What is the version of user IE?

Does the popup show tx.sap, tx.ssd or tx.sapssd?

If it is tx.sap, try to read this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/b1c23b67a5c457e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

1.Add EP as trusted site in user IE.

2. Go to Windows Explorer ® Tools ® Folder Options... ® File Types ® Sapgui Shortcut (.SAP)® Advanced

Deselect the checkbox Confirm Open After Download.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slava,

Sorry, for a delayed response.

The Portal version is EP 7 sp 12.

IE level is 6.0.

The error shows tx.sapssd.

Observation :

If I am using the SAP GUI for HTML, the error is resolved but when I use SAP GUI for windows the issue still persists.

The client would like the look and feel of the SAP GUI for windows, is there any alternative of resolving this issue.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is SAP GUI properly installed? Did you check with different users in this machine itself? Also check the SAP GUI version that is installed. If you are able to connect standalone from GUI, then transaction iView should also work fine.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We encountered the same issue for the laptop for a specific user. It did not happen for other users.

There is a note for this: [901949|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_ep_pi/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d393031393439%7d]

Regards,

Edwin.

S0001584827
Explorer
0 Kudos

My message was with file tx.sapssd...

So the solution was simply:

Open windows explorer, choose tools->folder options->file types. and delete extention "sapssd". Then try again.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

__Solution__

Open windows explorer, choose tools->folder options->file types. and delete extention "sapssd". Then try again.

Worked for me. Using IE6 SP3. Netweaver 7 Portal 6

shindead1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aubrey,

I have one user to having this issue (sapssd).

I tried to follow the steps.but I am not able to locate "file types" as mentioned you in above.(Open windows explorer, choose tools->folder options)

Can you please share the screen print.

Thanks much.

Regards,

AMol

shindead1
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue resolved after re-installing SAPGUI and opening the file tx.sapssd with "SAPGUI.exe"