cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Change History takes Long Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with BP change history in CRM 4.0 . Whenever i want to see BP history, i go to Tcode BP -> Extras -> Change History -> For this Partner but it takes very long time and finally gives the time-out dump but it never shows the BP change history.

How can I improve the performance of BP change history and make the search faster?

Please HELP..

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gerhard_djuracek
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

regarding index please see note 573864 and regarding performance for change history see notes 778418, 712509, 623177 and 381466.

To improve the performance of change documents, it is necessary that

the old change documents are archived from time to time. If there is

a need, these change documents can also be reloaded. You can also

selectively archive the change documents for relationships if they

are not needed. This will definitely improve performance.

Therefore kindly archive your old change documents and check

if it improves the performance.

Regards, Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding archiving of data, Client is not ready for that. They need some time to take this decision.

What I have found that whenever I go to see the change history of the BP, it takes long time for the below select query in FM BUS_CDOBJECTID_SELECT_WTH_LIKE.

SELECT *

FROM cdhdr

INTO TABLE et_cdhdr

WHERE objectclas = iv_objectclas

AND objectid LIKE iv_objectid_pattern.

Now in this query, WHERE condition is on fields "objectclas & objectid" which are one of the key fields.

Also SAP has provided Secondary index for these fields but in our system this secondary index is not active at the database level. Will this index making active at database level solve our pupose?

Please give your valuable input.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your valuable input. I studied all the notes regarding this problem referred by you. In SAP Note 623177, it says you need to run the following reports to fill the certain index tables for change documents.

1. Report BURFRG0080_CD_FILL_VS1

2. Report BURBUT050_CD_FILL_VS1

3. Report BUR_ADDR3_CD_FILL_VS1

SAP Note says BURBUT050_CD_FILL_VS1 should be executed first to fill the table BUT050_CD and only then report BUR_ADDR3_CD_FILL_VS1 should be executed which fills table BUP_ADDR_CD.

I am not aware about the use of these reports. How to run these reports? In which sequence these reports should be run? Are we supposed to schedule those reports as a job or we need to run it only once?

We have never run those reports in our system. Hence all the above mentioned tables are empty in our system CRM 4.0.

Can you please throw some light about these reports.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gerhard,

My Problem is solved. After implementing suggestion given in SAP Note 381466 suggested by you, BP change history comes very quickly.

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After implementing SAP Note 381466, my problem got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the table BUT_LOCA_PSHIST and pass user name and execute you will get the history related to the user.

Regards

srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivasulareddy,

I think you have not understood my question.

My problem is when I go to Tcode BP and try to get the Customer Master Change History data through menu Extras -> Change History -> For this Partner, it takes long time and finally gives Time-Out short dump.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

About this, I would recommend:

- There are few SAP notes likes 891453, 894935, 592800, 555179, 427984. Implement these notes. This should surely add good performance while reading the BP change documents

- Else also consider your Archiving Strategy. Archiving the change document tables also should boost the performance:

To do this:

start transaction SARA

choose archiving object 'CHANGEDOCU'

select write

maintain variant for write job: select change document objects:

- BUPR_BUB (Relations)

- BUPR_BUR (contact person relation)

- BUPR_BURC (shareholder relation)

enter a selection from date, that suits your requirements

choose radio button: delete with production variant

execute write job

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your valuable input. I studied all the notes regarding this problem referred by you. In SAP Note 623177, it says you need to run the following reports to fill the certain index tables for change documents.

1. Report BURFRG0080_CD_FILL_VS1

2. Report BURBUT050_CD_FILL_VS1

3. Report BUR_ADDR3_CD_FILL_VS1

SAP Note says BURBUT050_CD_FILL_VS1 should be executed first to fill the table BUT050_CD and only then report BUR_ADDR3_CD_FILL_VS1 should be executed which fills table BUP_ADDR_CD.

I am not aware about the use of these reports. How to run these reports? In which sequence these reports should be run? Are we supposed to schedule those reports as a job or we need to run it only once?

We have never run those reports in our system. Hence all the above mentioned tables are empty in our system CRM 4.0.

Can you please throw some light about these reports.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody please give me suggestion to my problem? Its very critical.

Regards,

Shaiulesh Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also what I have found is that SAP standard secodary index (001 & 002) for table CDHDR is not active at the database level. It says "Index does not exist in database system ORACLE".

Would making these indexes active at the database level solve my problem? Table CDHDR has around 11 Crore entries.

Regards,

Shailesh Jadhav