cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Quantity Keyfigure mapping for Delta extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to change Quantity keyfigure mapping to new fileds for delta extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_9, this change is required to get all quantity data( Note 438207), I have to change following mapping,

SMBG = COEP-MBGBTR

SMBF = COEP-MBFBTR

SMBV = COEP-MBGBTR u2013 COEP-MBFBTR

MEINB = COEP-MEINB

For above requirement i have already added 4 new KeyFigures SMBG,SMBF , SMBV , MEINB in extraction structure

So as per new requirment following will be new mapping of transfer rule

in BW

0QUANTITY with SMBG

0QUANTITYFX with SMBF

OQUANTITYVR with SMBV

0UNIT with MEINB

My question is..

1.) What steps i have to perform after enhancing extractor in R/3 and BW transfer rule?

2.) How historical values will be taken care as it is delta extractor, do i have to re init delta?

3.) Any chance of discrepencies as report is already been used by business?

4.) Any other imp things to remember?

Your valueble suggesion is appriciated.

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are these key figures were already filled by some other fields from data source and you are mapping them with new fields??

If yes then

1.) What steps i have to perform after enhancing extractor in R/3 and BW transfer rule?

Not much during this step...just make sure that you activate the rules properly and do correct mappings.

2.) How historical values will be taken care as it is delta extractor, do i have to re init delta?

Yes you will have to a new init since after changing the data source old init will not be valid anymore.

Do a new init with data transfer and delete the old data from the target before that.

3.) Any chance of discrepencies as report is already been used by business?

The only issue can be if you do not delete the data from the cube..since you are updating the same field again so you need to delete the data from the cube and reload it again to fill the key figures columns wit the new values.

4.) Any other imp things to remember?

IF the data load is from DSO to the cube then do a new init from the DSO the cube once the data is loaded to the DSO or if its 7.0 flow then you just need to do a full load from PSA to DSO and the cubes.

But a new init with data transfer will have to be done till PSA.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

As per business they are now not worrying about historical data, they want this to be done for current data e.g. Jan 09 onwards.. They will take care of historical data after sometime.

This extractor is loading to ODS and then to cube

0CO_OM_CCA_9 -> ODS -> Cube

In this case do i have perform any other steps for only current data?

Thanks,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its only current data then no need to full loads in any case.

Just do a new init without data transfer by deleting the old init first.

but to make sure that you do not miss any delta records while doing init....you will have to lock the users or do it any non working day and schedule the delta loads more then 2-3 times for this data source before deleting the old init you have to make sure that you are getting 0 records in the delta.

This will make sure that you do not miss any delta.

You can achieve the same thing by doing an init with data transfer but this will change the whole history in the DSO and then you may have to reload the same data to the cube as well.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I have one more issue regarding doing same changes in extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_1

I have to do same changes like 0CO_OM_CCA_9 ( I also created another thread for this issue but have not got any solution) but i am not being able to find any link between direct link between COEP and extraction structure of 0CO_OM_CCA_1...

Any idea how can we link COEP table and COSS, COSP (Table used for extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_1 )

Thanks

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

I too wanted to enhance the 0CO_OM_CCA_9 extractor for fields MBGBTR and MBFBTR .

Could you please tell me exactly how you did that.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Sheetal

0 Kudos

Any feedback on how to add these fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look on SAP Note 438207. Hope this will help you.

You can go for BADI or CMOD to populate the data for these enhanced fields.

Thanks,

Siddharth