cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization Problem with MI Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After configured the backend and installed MAM on the middleware server, I tried to install MI Client on my desktop and tried to connected to the Webconsole and got the following message. What did miss? Any helps would be very helpful. Thanks.

No applications are installed yet on your device. Choose 'Synchronize' to install your applications.

Click Sync icon and I got this:

• Synchronization started.

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://ccerp02u:50100/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=RD1&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Synchronisation problems: Received empty inbound container file. Maybe your username or synchronization password is not correct.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai Ly,

<b>What really happens when you sync?</b>

As soon as you click the Sync button from the MI Client. Your request goes to a Servlet that is present in the

JAVA Stack of your MI Server. This Servlet then calls a FM that resides in the ABAP Stack. From the ABAP Stack

your request is processed and returned back as a response.

In your case the request is reaching the ABAP Stack of your MI Server but the response from the ABAP Stack is

not reaching you!

Find the cause of this problem.

I am trying to figure out your problem in this direction. Think in this direction you may find a solution

for this problem.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped resovle this problem.

I was able to sync after the upgrade of ABAP and J2EE stack to the same level SP16. It was a problem with J2EE SP 09.

Now, I am running into other problem that I can only see the User View Manager. I can't see the Order Management that I supposed to see. Any idea?

Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

I'm glad you got the syncrhonization to work. To be able to see the rest of the menu for MAM you will need to configure the customizing on the backend. Please refer to the MAM FAQ on sdn->mobile and/or do a search on this forum there are many threads that discuss the solution.

The best way though is to read the MAM configuration (<b>MAM_25_Config_Guide.pdf 5.2 Server Side Configuration</b>) guide that comes with the CD and you may need to consult your PM functional resource.

Hope this helps,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

I have configured the backend server based on the SAP Best Practices "W02: SAP Mobile Asset Management: Backend Configuration Guid" Mobility V1.0, March 2005.

I also tested several Function Module that described on page 15-16 and I was able to get all the data including Orders that assigned to my users.

Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

Then I suppose you missed something basic in your configuration. Either there is a problem with the roles or it could be the user ID.

regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone I am getting the following error in client synchronisation

(MI2.5 SP13)

Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

I am using SP13 on WebAs and middleware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Dai

Did you test your sync with the URL given in your configuraion doc?

PROTOCOL://HOST:PORT/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=systemID&login=login name&password=password&client=client&language=en&acknowledge=X&~test=true&

regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes, I have tested that URL given in the configuration documentation but it didn't work. I supposed to get a return message with date stamp but instead I got a blank page with no error nor message.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai Ly,

According to the MI Documentation it should return a success message as provided by the document.

Have you followed all the configurations that are needed before testing that URL?

Have you changed the property file in J2EE Visual Administrator?

Have you added the entries provided in the document?

Well i am refering to the document MI25_SPS13 Document.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai Ly,

i'm very sure the problem resides in the RFC authorizations. the test url given in the config document is just to Ping the server with that id.

if the id used in the url has all the necessary authorizations, surely the test url should return a message.

Regards

arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai Ly,

Have you checked your configuration you have done on the middleware are correct?

Using the URL...

http://pciib06584:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=mi0&login=ddic&password=Passw0-d&client=111&language=en&acknowledge=X&~test=true&

For more details... Refer the MI Configuration Documentation...

If you are through this step and you are not getting any errors...

then...

After you have installed MI Client you should create a new user. Right.

When you are creating a new user...

The username that you are creating in the MI Client should be present in the MI Server(Middleware).

But the password can be different.

I think that the connection is ok...

Username & Password is ok...

But i doubt the configuration...Check it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I've tested URL that you provided and got a Blank page. no error or any message that I supposed to get based on the MI configuration documentation.

I am not so sure what I am missing.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai Ly,

Have u given all proper authorizations to the respective users roles? if this step is done correctly, your Test Page should definitely work...

regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello dai,

as the message implies, you might had given a wrong

synchronization password or the username that was created

in the client was incorrent. try:

- check on the user name if it exists in the middleware.

- provide the middleware password during the sync time.

take note that the MI local logon password is treated

differently by default. thus you will be asked for the

sync password once you invoke the sync button.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've checked the username and password and found nothing wrong with them. I created same username and password on the client as well as middleware server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai,

What version is your MI Client and Your WebAS Middleware? Did u configure your WebAS properly for MI? did yu give proper Authorizations?

• Your MI Client should be MI 2.5 SP13 P00 atleast.

• Your Web AS should be WAS640 SP14 atleast.

• You should have given proper RFC Authorizations to your users as prescribed in the Installation document.

• Also, your client user password should be same as the server password.

Is everything done?

Regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client I am running is:

MOBILEENGINE_AWT

Framework

MI 25 SP 13 Patch 00 Build 200507282032

and Web AS is WAS640 SP15

I am not so sure about RFC Authorization, because the Basis person who created the RFC connection. What authorization should I have?

Lastly, I did create my client username and password same as my server.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to tell you that after install client MI 25 SP 13 Patch 00, I got a different error message:

Synchronization completed

Synchronization started

Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://ccerp02u.co.clark.nv.us:8001/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=RD1&;

Connection to server failed.

Synchronisation problems: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.EOFException: null))

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai,

Check the proxy address.. i don't think the port is 8001. in general, it should be 50000 or so. looking at your exception, i guess that's the main problem.

As for your RFC Authorizations, check the installation guide (MI Configuration guide SPS15). you can find it from <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/instguides">Service Market Place</a>. This needs a different id. your basis man should have it. Look for Mobile Infrastructure link and you will find all required inst & config docs there.

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi day li,

have you check that your username is registered into MI-SYNC-USER group?

check the log file, you read the message 'user has not installed in middelware' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliana,

How do I check the log file? Where is it? Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

What application are you trying to deploy on your AWT client? I noticed from your other thread you mentioned MAM and MTT.. They are JSP applications and will not run on your AWT client you need to install the JSP Framework for the MI Client.

Could you attach your trace file after a failed sync to this thread?

Check with your basis team if the server is a dual Stack (ABAP+J2EE) and your properties file is configured as mahsehran mentioned.

Thanks,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

We tried to deploy MAM and Possible MTT with JSP Framework

but I don't know why when we install Full MI2.5 SP13 client, it keep showing AWT framework in the Information. Maybe that is why I keep getting an error connecting.

Also, the server is dual stacks (ABAP+J2EE).

Thanks,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

What do you have entered in your settings (on your MI client) next to System

is it the System ID or System number?

Please post the trace file too.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Here is the trace file:

Trace

[20060316 20:48:47:098] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20060316 20:48:47:098] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Engine version: MI 25 SP 13 Patch 00 Build 200507282032

[20060316 20:48:47:098] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current timezone: America/Los_Angeles

[20060316 20:49:04:449] E [MI/Sync ] Exception while synchronizing via http

com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.EOFException: null)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.synchronize(HTTPSynchronizer.java:312)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.synchronize(HTTPSynchronizer.java:376)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.exchangeData(HTTPSynchronizer.java:71)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:691)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1142)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:770)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:402)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[20060316 20:49:04:449] W [MI/Sync ] Synchronisation problems

com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncException: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.EOFException: null))

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.HTTPSynchronizer.exchangeData(HTTPSynchronizer.java:80)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:691)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1142)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:770)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:402)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

I couldn't even test the URL given in the documentation:

http://host:port/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=RS1&......

All I got is a blank page with no error.

However, I could get into MI WebConsole with the following URL:

http://host:50000/me/WebConsole/login

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi day,

1.the blanck page is not correct.

from this url:

http://host:port/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=SID&login=user&password=pwd_of_sync&client=client&language=lang&acknoledge=X&~test=true&

if you not read this message:

&WAF_SYNC&STATUS=&Execution Time= & HeaderType = MEREPLICATION &MORE_PACKAGES_WAITING = &

your user can't synchronize itself with backend.

->check if your user of sync has registered into group MISYNC in your sap system.

if you read the message, check in your WAS server the file 'abc.props'.

read the documentation of your SP for more info.

2. have you uploaded any webapp/add-on in your web console?

your log file write that you don't have any file to download from your client for your login.

-> your login password in your MI CLIENT can be different from your sync password in your sap system, or equal.