Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable user menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I assign a role to a user, then the user menu will reflect the role menu.

How do I disable the user menu, meaning he should not see the Tcodes/reports in the SAP initial screen?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out SAP Note # 380029

Selection option between user menu and SAP menu

For a specific user, you can use SM30 and maintain table USERS_SSM

OR

For global changes update table SSM_CUST

Parameters are

ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF

SAP_MENU_OFF

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

One posible way of not displaying tcodes in the menu list is by removing tcodes from the menu tab in PFCG role maintenance and adding them via S_TCODE. But, in this case you should be aware of the objects which will checked in authority-check and need to be maintained in the role for the transactions.

0 Kudos

I am not in full agreement with this approach, SAP has given functionality for selection between role menu and sap menu. Then why to take the toughest way out and remove them from PFCG->Menu just because you want them not to see it and remove the option of click-and-run from menu.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

What you have suggested is based on a global approach or on a user based approach.

What I have suggested is based on a role based approach, wherein if the organization wishes not to display the transactions in the easy access menu for certain roles. Ofcourse it is not an easy approach and has to be catered to during the role design itself.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

The other possible method, which i prefer, is to have the tcodes added as Authorization Default rather than a transaction. This would still enable to have all the auth objects checked for the tcode to be embedded in the role including S_TCODE. You would see it in the role with a different icon but when the user log in, they would not see it in the menu.

This is the approach i take when we have to add any dependent transactions to the role but not visible to the user. As an example, the Time Entry tcode CAT2 triggers the Trave Mgmt tcode PR05 but the users do not need to see this later tcode in their menu.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Sarada

0 Kudos

>The other possible method, which i prefer, is to have the tcodes added as Authorization Default rather than a transaction.

Can you throw more light on what you mean by this?

Do you mean add transactions by inserting profiles? That can also be one way of doing it.

0 Kudos

No that is not what i am referring to.

In PFCG, on the Menu tab, you have different options to add the tcodes/reports to the role. One of them is Authorization default, which is what i am referring to.

Create a test role using this icon and assign a tcode. You will notice what i did explain in my earlier reply.

If you need any help, let me know and i will be glad to do it.

Regards

Sarada

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I was checking it in 4.6C and could not find the button. Then when I checked in ECC 6.0 I could locate the button on the menu tab. I was not aware of its usage.

I guess this was not available with the earlier versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

we are using Web client in the front end. For that reason we are not able to take out the content in Menu tab (PFCG Tcode).

In my case Zaheer's suggestion is working.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Please mark it as resolved if you got the solution.

This would help others who are searching for solutions

Cheers !!

Zaheer