OBYC KDM, KDW, KDV and KDR operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with differenciating the following OBYC operations:

- KDM - I think it should be used for GR/IR exchange rate differences /

or is it used for Material Ledger Single level exchange rate differences

- KDR - I think it should be used for GR/IR exchange rate rounding differences

- KDV - I think it should be used for Material Ledger Multi level exchange rate differences

- KDW - is it used for GR/IR exchange rate differences?

If you could please tell me which operations shoud be used for Material Ledger exchange rate differences for single and multi level.

Best wishes,

Karol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Differences due to exchange rate rounding, Materials Management (KDR)

An exchange rate rounding difference can arise in the case of an invoice made out in a foreign currency. If a difference arises when the posting lines are translated into local currency (as a result of rounding), the system automatically generates a posting line for this rounding difference.

Exchange rate differences from lower levels (KDV)

In multi-level periodic settlement in the material ledger, some of the exchange rate differences that have been posted during the period in respect of the raw materials and semi-finished products used in the manufacture of a semi-finished or finished product are debited or credited to that semi-finished or finished product.

Exchange rate differences in the case of open items (KDM)

Exchange rate differences in the case of open items arise when an invoice relating to a purchase order is posted with a different exchange rate to that of the goods receipt and the material cannot be debited or credited due to standard price control or stock undercoverage/shortage.