cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy sub-reports from existing report to another report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Xl verison:

I have a production ticket (A) that was written some time ago.

We want to move to another version of the production ticket (B) and add some of the sub-reports from the one we are using now (A).

I have spent way too much time trying to copy a sub-report from A and paste it into the existing production ticket B u2013 with links u2013 with no success. I am not experienced enough to create the sub-reports as they exist at this time.

I am reaching out to see if there is something simple that I am missing in doing this.

Location of sub reports?

Key items to copy/paste that I am not aware of?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the subreport.

Select Save Subreport as

Now neeed to edit subreport then do file save as.

Now before you insert the subreport into the the new report open the subreport and remove the link parameters that get enter into the records selection formula.

Then once in the new report link you subreport.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right-click on a sub-report. Choose Edit Sub-report.

Once in the design view of the sub-report - click File | Save as and save it as "sub-reportname.rpt"

Then go into your other report (to which you wish to add the sub-report) and go to Insert | Sub-report.

Next window choose "from file" and browse to location where you saved the sub-report and select it.

Then you can add that particular sub-report to any main report in the future.

You WILL have to use logic and set up the sub-report links and possibly modify the sub-report's record selection formula accordingly.