Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP3 activation (SFW5) in test and production systems

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have installed EHP3 SP2, and activated SD_01 Logistics S&D Simplification in our development system. We are wondering how we should activate the same Business Function Set in our test and production systems?

Should this be done in the same way as in development (activate it in SFW5 in test and prod), or are there some other way?

I would like to add that all three systems are on the same support package and EHP3 level.

Thanks!

-Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Kjelsrud on Dec 15, 2008 8:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member288881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

it is not necessary to make the client changeable for BF activation.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member288881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

you can do it the same way. There is also an option to transport the SFW5-settings, but only for the complete activation set in SFW5, not for a single business function activation.

So both is possible. I suppose most used is the direct activation. Let's see if there is more feedback from other users.

Best regards,

Christoph

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

Thanks for your reply. I guess we need to change the client settings in SCC4 before activating the business function, so that the client is open and the role in not "production"?

Regards,

Thomas

former_member288881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Is it maybe an authorization problem? Please check with SU53. The SCC4 attribute for client role should not be checked here. If this does not help you should create a customer message (or try the transport solution, but this requires the same SP levels)

Best regards,

Christoph

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

I have not activated it yet, it was only a question if it is necessary to change the client role or not.. apparenly not according to you, and that is good enogh for me.

I guess we still need to make the client changeable?

Regards,

Thomas