cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft and SAP interfacing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are planning to interface Microsoft based application (VB) with SAP. we are thinking of providing the weservice to VB and VB will call SAP using client proxy in it - VB invokes the whole interface here.(VB sends a request and once processed, we send response back)

I have a question regarding a scenario..

SAP-xi-VB. If SAP has to send some information to VB - like query a list of codes and send those to VB( VB doesnt invoke this interface but SAP sends this info). What will be best approach to do this?

>>> just send as xml file to VB with the details ??

>>> is there any webservice technique for this too??

Please share your design ideas...

Thank you

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check this one?, May be you can ask this author for further info?.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/de2a6693-0901-0010-1897-a4a...

Rgds,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I did see that document before. But in that also, External application triggers the interface, sends request and receives response. I am looking for sending the data from SAP to VB application. Is there anything like webservice techniques for that?

Thank you

Thilothama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

Did you look at the article on sdn home page?, that involves XI.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same doc that Raj has quoted in this message above. Also, the request is sent from MS outlook to SAP and response is received back..But My question here is, can we use webservice concept to send info from SAP to VB application??? Or just sending xml or flat file is good???

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to do do something in similar lines of the mendocino project?

In the meanwhile take a look at this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndcom/html/sapintegration.asp

Cheers,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

It doesnt involve XI right? I would like to involve XI in our scenario.

Thank you for the link...

Thilothama