cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Excel 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We developed a planning application using BPS. The existing systems had Excel 2003 installed in them. The Excel layouts were designed with heavy Macro coding in the background.

Recently Excel 2007 was installed in our machines. But, unfortunately, the values displaying on the Excel are separated by comma instead of decimals (this is an excel setting,which was also changed, but still the error exists). As a result, the data save on the excel always gives an error due to the comma.

Is there any way, we can overcome this error. Also the macros do not work when the planning folder is executed.

There is no problem when the same layouts are run on Excel 2003.

Any suggestion/recommendations/solution would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Try checking the decimal indicator settings at the following places:

- Windows (system) settings

- MS Excel settings

- SAP general settings

- SAP user specific settings

Hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Theana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

We already checked these settings. But aren't SAP settings relevant for a given user? The same user can execute the BPS Layout perfectly fine in other PCs that have Excel 2003 installed.

We also changed the setting that's available in the Excel, but again of no use.

The same PC has Excel 2003 installed too, and normal numeric entries distinguish between commas and decimals as expected.

These have not yet resolved the issue we face with commas being recognized instead of decimals when we execute the Planning Layout. For this reason, macros are getting affected.

Please keep posting...

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you...

But for interest sake, as far as I know there is a general SAP decimal indicator setting as well - which is used for processing where a user is not involved.

Kind regards,

Theana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our interests are the source of our motivations:)...

I checked on the SAP settings too, at the User Level (my Basis told me there was only one such place to check) and still the problem persisted.

The problem has been resolved for your information. Its actually an Excel 2007 patch update for the GUI that we finally obtained from SAP. This solved our problem and the issue is no longer there.

Curiously, I wonder if anybody who currently uses Excel 2007 (that has a limit of a million rows) is supported by BW when a query fired to run an operational report which is expected to fetch over 200K - 300K rows or more.

Regards,

Aby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lucimar_moresco
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

You can download patch of Excel on Microsoft site. try http://update.microsoft.com.

Usually that is downloaded authomatically by windows while updating itself.

Regards

Lucimar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this solution, I had the same problem. But iam no Computer Crack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you patch the EXCEL to the latest and also the BI patch for the SAPGUI to the latest ?

I had both 2003 and last april I installed 2007. I remember some problem but I am not sure it was for the decimals, anyway we installed all patches and all problems disappeared.

Remember also the patches for BI SAPGUI. The sapgui is not very prepared to accept XCL 2007 for sure. I instaled until now about 7 patches for the BI part of the SAPGUI and they solved a load of other problems with XCL 2007 that I didn-t have with 2003.

Ciao

Regards

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

would you please let me know , how i can download excel 2007 patches ?

where can i find it ?

i still have transfering SAPGUI to excel 2007 issues

thx

regards

Sara