cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ACE debug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Does anybody knows how to debug the Z classes we create for ACE .

We wrote code in methods all methods: GET_ACTORS_FROM_OBJECTS, GET_ACTORS_FROM_USER, etc and we made all the customizing but we need to check the right behaviour because we don't get the results.

Any leads would be great help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

j_r1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Test your methods from within tx SE24 (you have to provide imcoming data).

- Create a program which implement the classmethods (you have to provide imcoming data).

- ACE gets processed by a job which uses program CRMDISPATCHER... disable job and debug program

- In that program is the function module which processes the ACE classes -> use the FM

- copy the program CRMDISPATCHER to a z-program and change the use of the ACE fm to online use instead of background use

Kind Regards,

JREV

h_duengelhoef
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

you can use the transaction ACE_RUNTIME (also present in the IMG I think) to check the runtime behavior. Here you can check if users have access to an object or not. However this doesn't touch your ACE code.

I think you can debug your code in the SE24 test environment. Just pass in some object ids resp. user ids as input parameters and see if the correct return value is supplied.

The ACE customizing is tricky. Walk through it step by step in IMG reading the documentation and check if you did everything correctly. Your work packages need to be active and the settings for the batch job have to be correct. You may also to initially run the ACE batch job that it calculates the ACE rules and fills the ACE tables.

Hope that helps

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hermann, your answer is very important to solve my dubts on ACE and on how I can debug my implementation methods in Z classes.

Kindly Regards, Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I usually do the activate/deactivate rights to test my ACE classes.Just put a breakpoint in your Z-Class and then deactivate and activate your rights.

Regards,

Rohit

fini_michele_99
Explorer
0 Kudos

breakpoint with user that activate\deactivate the right?