cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default format when exporting to spreadsheet

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can I set the default format to be used when my end users export a report to a spreadsheet? I would like to set the default to Excel (in Office 2003 XML format).

Currently the end user has 7 choices for creating spreadsheets if the selecte the "All Available Formats" option when generating a spreadsheet. Those options are:

- Excel (in MHTML format)

- Excel (in MHTML format for 2000/97)

- Star Office 8

- Excel (in Office 2003 XML format)

- SAP internal XML format

- SAP Standard (internal table)

- Excel (in previous XXL format)

I ran the report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN and selected the following criteria:

1.) Action = create

2.) General Data = ALL

3.) ALV GUI / EXCEL VERSION = Excel (in Office 2003 XML format)

If I examine the table SALV_BS_ADMIN there is a new entry where:

OBJECT = GUI_ALV_XML_VER

M_USER = *

VALUE = 04

When I run a report and export to a spreadsheet I do not see any change in my selection criteria.

I read SAP note 1080608. This note tells you that by running the report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN you cannot set the default value. Is there a report I can run that will set the default value for alll the users on the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You execute the report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN and selected the following criteria:

1.) Action = change

2.) General Data = Detailed Selection

a) Client = SAP client no.

b) User All = User ID

3.) ALV GUI / EXCEL VERSION = Excel (in Office 2003 XML format)

Execute the report and Excel 2003 will be defaulted in export to excel.

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saji, thanks for your info it has help me in 2015 🙂 another simple fix i found is right click on the ALV output then click on spreadsheet then you can see the dialogue box to change the default settings Regards Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to select the entry after executing the report to and click on the delete button for the effect to take place in the table elvel then the users would be able to see all the options avaialble to them again.

Thanks

Sriram

praveen_kumar132
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

could you please brief about your comments.

after executing what i need to do... i have executed SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN and still the spreadsheet option is greyed out.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

type &excel_reset in transaction code box and enter.

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saji, thanks for your info it has help me in 2015 🙂 another simple fix i found is right click on the ALV output then click on spreadsheet then you can see the dialogue box to change the default settings Regards Rahul