cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Counting - Last Cycle count date during Go-Live

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP (ECC 6.0).

All items are cycle counted once a year (same CC indicator). Currently, the cycle counting is being done in the legacy system. We need to upload the last cycle count date while going live so that the cycle counting program does not pick up items that were counted in the months just before going live.

In other words, if we go live on Feb 1 09, SAP should pick up items which were counted on Feb and Mar 08 and not pick up items counted in Dec 08 and Jan 09.

How do we load the last cycle count date during go-live? Any other work around solution would also be helpful.

Early solution would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lakshman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create additional CC indicator with 'No of Physical Inv' as zero and use this one to maintain the materials that already undergone cycle counting before go-live. Also, have the CC indicator as fixed for these materiasl in material master -> Plant data. When you run ABC analysis (MIBC), these CC indicators won't be changed and as they 'No of Physical Inv' as zero, they won't be part of your cycle counting. When you need these materials to be part of cycle count, change the CC indicator as fixed and run MIBC, now system proposes the cc indicator based on consumption/usage.

Or

You can keep a block for the materials that already undergone cycle counting before go-live in MBEW-SPERW through transaction MM17 or MASS.

Please award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a feasible answer.

There are about 15000 materials and almost 1400 is counted every month (to complete 15000 in 11 months). The user cannot be asked to do the jugglery mentioned below for the next 12 months.

Still looking for a solution.

Lakshman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen a solution proposed by SAP. No OSS note, no white paper.

Venkata's workaround is - at least for me - a new and intresting variant to deal with this.

I have other workarounds, but they are even more work internsive.

The only solution I have seen is a hard table update with the last inventory dates.

As I dont use Cycle counting anymore in my environment, I cant ask SAP for a solution, but you can, as you have to actual problem right now. Maybe then SAP will write an OSS note with a solution valid for all who are facing this problem. Take the chance and inform us about the result.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

I have sent a message to SAP. Will update the answer I receive one from SAP.

Regards,

Lakshman

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Challenging question !!!

Please keep us posted on your findings....

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck with SAP.

They have replied that I should write a custom program to make the changes. There is no solution from SAP.

Lakshman