cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Initialization request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem where I could not open up infopackages for a particular source system/datasource combination, I got short dumps 'Message type x'.

I was able to fix the problem by doing the following.

What I did was open up another infopackage that already existed for the particular datasource/source system.

The infopackage taht I could open was a full load and not a Delta. I opened up the full load infopackage and went to the 'Scheduler' menu. I selected 'Initialization options for the source system'.

From here I was able to delete the initialization request that was no longer valid. I simply selected it and then clicked the 'garbage' icon to 'Delete chosen initial selection'

That resolved the problem.

So my question is this:

If I didn't have the other 'Full Load' infopackage then what would have been the alternative option to delete the 'problem' intialization??

Thanks for your suggestions and assistance!

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simply, create the Full InfoPackage in Development Environment, transport it, and done.

I did it in that way.

Cheers.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The short dumps that you experienced were not becasue you were trying to open up the InfoPackage...well, what I mean is that you can open up the InfoPackage with which you did the Init and you can delete the Init Request from the menu in this InfoPackage too. I believe the reason of the dump was may be something else, but you saw the effect while opening the InfoPackage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick

Simple

You could create your own infopackage and do what you did now for the old Full load Info Package. That would have solved your problem

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sat,

I attempted your suggestion when the problem was occuring, however I got the short dump 'Message Type X' when I attempted to create any new infopackages for the DataSource/Source System combination.

So that would have been the easy way, but it failed just like when I attempted to open other Delta based infopackages. It must check the Delta status when the packages are created.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I already faced the same issue back a few months. I was able to solve it via debugging the opening of the infopackage. At the statement that caused the error I changed the subrc to 0 and the package opened and I was able to delete init request. But anyway, the reason why it happened was, that I deleted the delta queue in R/3 without deleting the init-request before.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick

OK. Thanks for the Update and hope you resolved the issue with using existing Full Infopackage.

Thanks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siggi,

Thanks for the explanation on why the situation had occured. That is probably similiar to what happened in my situation.

Anyways, How were you able to get into debugging the opening of the infopackage?

I have debugged extractors and update/transfer rules, but I am not familiar with debugging infopackages.

If you can provide an explanation of the steps you took that would be helpful since i am sure I will see this occur again.

Thanks again!

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

goto the infosources and click on your infopackage just for selecting (high lighting) it. In the ok-code field enter /h and press enter. Now debugging mode is switched on. Now double click on your infopackage and voilà, you are in debugging. Now you need to step thru the coding up to the statement ....

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Tip Siggi,

That will be a very helpful tip that I am sure I will use in the future to get me out of a pinch!

UPDATE: This problem recurred on 10/4/06 with a load of Material Attributes.

I followed OSS NOTE: 852443 and was able to access the infopackage again. i then deleted the existing Initialization from the Info Pack menu and I redid the INIT.

Thanks again,

Nick

Message was edited by: Nick Bertz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Here's what we did when we had the problem :

If no Full Pull package is available:

Access table RSSDLINIT, and look for the record with for the bad Infosource.

In the record you should see a field for SELDATE.

From here, jump over to Monitor for the InfoSource, and set the filter to Free Date and specify a range of dates to include a couple of days before the SELDATE.

Find the INIT run on that day.

Set the Traffic light to Red for that init run.

Check to see if you have access to the package now.

Establish another Delta Init w/o Data Transfer.

Cheers,

Kedar