Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which differenct scenarios we will prefer this

Filter to restrict characteristics.

Conditions to restrict key figures either on whole report or based on a particular characteristic.You can define your own condition.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do I do if I want to filter on a key figure? For example, I only want to see the records where the "Material Excess Value" is greater than 0? But I also need the totals to be correct. If I just add a condition, it restricts the records, but does not change the totals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Filter:

The filter selection restricts the entire query. All of the InfoProvider data is aggregated using the filter selection of the query. You can select characteristics from the directory tree of the InfoProvider and restrict them to individual characteristic values; you can also select individual characteristic values or a key figure.

Conditions

If you apply conditions to a query, you are not changing any figures; you are just hiding the numbers that are not relevant for you. Conditions therefore have no effect on the values displayed in the results rows. The results row of a query with an active condition is the same as the results row of a query without this condition

hope this helps....

sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Filter is something which acts upon the infoprovider when query is run...that is the sql query uses filter values to select the data from query and the more the filter...less the data selected form the query.

This reduces the amount of records from the cube itself and increases the query performance if used wisely ...like use inclusion rahter then exclusion.Used mainly with characteristics and you can use only characteristics for filters...for key figures you may have to use formual variables to restrict.

Condition act upon the output of the query...that is whatever data selected from the underlying cubes are going to be displayed in the bex analyzer or portal and just before the display ...depending upon the condition values...the records are filtered out.

This is used if you want to restrict the query put put based on the key figures value...like if you have a CKF and you want that query should show the out put only for the valuaes greate than the certain values of the CKF.

it can be used to act upon certain characteristics only for example if you want to show records for CKF value >1 only when it for the infoobject A. so whenever the char is in the rows of the report or if used as drilldown this condition will act on the report. if no char is chosen while defining condition in report then it will act on the whole report.

Thanks

Ajeet