cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete change document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have one change document with status IA (Work) and version *. I would like to delete this. But while selecting this document through CV02N it takes me to document version screen. here I dont have any option to delete this document and the document is also not getting displayed for version * , for other versions document is getting displayed. I dont know much about change document. I need your help to overcome this problem.

Please do the needful.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

The whole point about change documents is to record who did what, and when..

Why would you want to delete change document lines?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response.

What my client said is, there is something wrong with the new version in status IA, so he would like to delete the document of number XX of status IA , version * so that he can make an new version of status US.

Is there any other information required? If so please tell me. I'll get it.

I have checked this through CV02N , I entered document, document type, document part and document version as * and entered. It took me to list of document version screen where it shows different versions of same document. I selected the line of version * and entered, it took me to the back screen.

Then I selected the line of version other than * and enetered, it took me to the change document basic data screen.

Please do the needful.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I suspect the only way you will do this is either:

- delete the records via SE16 (if possible)

- write an ABAP program to delete the records.

Either way I would talk to your ABAP team - they should be able to help

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks, Let me check with my ABAP consultants and I'll get back to you.

Best Regards,

Praveen

Answers (0)