cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain a digital certificate from certain SAP sites

Former Member
0 Kudos

When directed to certain SAP sites from Crystal report 2008, version XI home page, I was prompted to provide a digital certificate.

How do I obtain appropriate digital certificate when needed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Thanks for the clarification.

We just purchased a number of licences for Crystal Report 2008 and had them installed. How do I find out if we have a support contract with SAP and if we have access to the Service Market Place as the software installation was done by our Helpdesk? In other words, is the support contract with SAP part of the licence or seperate purchase? Does the licence come with one year support?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Typically an SAP support contract in not inexpensive so you'd probably know if you had one. Support contracts are arranged in addition to the product purchase. Crystal Reports 2008 wouldn't normally have a support contract. They're typically seen with larger BusinessObjects Enterprise deployments.

The Crystal Reports Designer product use to come with two complimentary support incidents, but that policy was changed either late last year, or early this year (I forget exactly when). The complimentary support case are no longer offered. You can visit the [Business Objects Support for Crystal Reports and Xcelsius|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/businessobjects-support] page for additional information about current offerings.

If you're still not sure if you have support you can contact the Customer Interaction Center (CIC) for further assistance. Their phone number is 800-887-2340.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Most of the SAP support sites are looking for a certificate that can be created as part of the Service Market Place login process. You can think of it as a type of SSO for SAP. If you don't have a support contract with SAP you won't have access to the Service Market Place so you can't generate this certificate.

To work around this issue there's a client side browser security setting that you can change to stop the prompting. From Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options and click on the Security tab. Click on Custom Level. Scroll down to this option - "Don't prompt for client certificate selection when no certificates or only one certificate exists". The default is Disable. Change to Enable and click OK and then OK.

Once you make this change you won't see the SAP certificate prompt any more. Unfortunately, since this is a client side browser setting this change has to be done individually for each user's machine.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher