12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2008 4:26 AM by Ramesh Mamidi RSS

Datamart status was deleted in the ODS

Narendra Reddy
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I have a problem with data mart status in the ODS for some reasons the we have lost data mart status for all the requests in the ODS. Now I need to reset the data mart status without using initializing without data transfer option.

Can anybody suggest me how to reset the data mart status in the ODS without using initializing without data transfer option.

Thanks in advance

Narendra

• Re: Datamart status was deleted in the ODS
    Chandrasekhar Damarla

Hi Narender,

Please try to do repair full request. It may be change the request status.

Thanks,

Chandra

Venkata Narayana Jakkampudi

Hi,

Say ur loading data from cube1 ( stock info cube) to cube2.

Now if u run a delta for the cube 2 from cube1, then the datamart status will be ticked again. To find the IP which loads the delta, just click on the previous data marted tick mark, go inside the monitor and see the Info package. If u schedule this immediately, the datamart will be ticked

Hope this helps u..

Best regards,

Venkat..

Praveen G

Datamart status indicates whether that request got pulled to higher level datatarget or not.

If you find the datamart status deleted though all requests are present in higher level data target then just doing Init without data transfer should suffice as next delta will pull new deltas only, you cannot avoid init here.

If you find data mart status is deleted and also some of the delta request were not pulled then problems, you need to do reinit with data transfer deleting data in higher level data target.

IF you donot do as above, the problem is your next delta  will fetch all the requests to your higer level datatarget.

Hope this helps.

Sridevi Aduri

Hi

RSDMSTAT and RSDMDELTA are the tables for data mart administration.

The tab data mart status of the request (Cube-->monitor)will be checked if the data is loaded into subsequent data targets from this cube.

SAP BW and Business Content Datasources: in pursuit of the origins

Hope it helps

Narendra Reddy

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply,

We have 4 ODS and 1 info cube.

ODS are  1O, 2O, 3O and 4O  and Infocube is 1IC.

ODS 1O, 2O and  3O are loading to 4O (1O, 2O, 3O --> 4O (delta updte)).

4O is loading to 4O and 1IC (4O --> 4O and 1IC (delta updte)) .

Now the problem is we have lost the data mart status in the ODS 4O (4O --> 4O and 1IC (delta updte)).

I am not able to load deltas to the ODS and IC from 4O --> 4O and 1IC.

The data is upto date in the ODS 4O and info cube 1IC only thing is I lost data mart status in the 4O.

We need to get data mart status in the ODS 4O with out using Init without data transfer.

Please suggest me in this issue.

Thanks in advance

Narendra

Kishore Madireddy

Hi Narendra If its BI 7.0 you can go for DTP with Delta option by flagging get request by request option in DTP level. If its BW 3.5 then the process would be run full repair once its done then run an init with out data transfer so that you want loose any thing as our base(source)level ODS is having all the data in it. and infact it wont affect to any thing elase weather its updating to two targets or many targets. As you know that init is purely source specific with out doing init w/o data transfer retaining delta is bit tricky... Hope its clear a little..! Thanks (P159793)K M R **Assigning points is the only way of saying thanks in SDN***

>

Narendra Reddy wrote:

> Hi All,

>

> I have a problem with data mart status in the ODS for some reasons the we have lost data mart status for all the requests in the ODS. Now I need to reset the data mart status without using initializing without data transfer option.

>

> Can anybody suggest me how to reset the data mart status in the ODS without using initializing without data transfer option.

>

> Thanks in advance

> Narendra

Ramesh Mamidi

Hi Naren,

Now you need to reset the datamart status in 4O.If this is the case try as below.

1)Run the delta Infopack  ie 40-->40 and 1C....this now load the data from 40 to the cube and ODS.

This should set the datamart status and bring all the data for the request ids where data mart status was not set.

2)As the this data is already avilable in the cube....please delete the request id which loaded on point 1 from DSO and cube.to ingore the duplicates.

3)Now push the current data from PSA ie later data and run the delta Infopack for latest data.

Hopes this helps you.

Regards

Ramesh

Actions