Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primavera - SAP Interface/ integration

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Need some information and help related to Primavera - SAP Interface/ integration.

1. what are the Prerequisites?

2. How it works - means how data will get transferred from primaver to SAP?

3. whether this transferr is Direct or some third party tool required. if yes then may know the options?

4. How much it cost approximate? any option to transfer data without any third party tool?

5. any documents if you are having related to this please do send on same Id

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I had developed and deployed the SAP PS - Primavera Interface in one of my projects. We had developed it using an ABAP program. I hope i answer all your questions to your satisfaction.

1. what are the Prerequisites?

I dont think there is any need for some major prerequisites other than the version of the Primavera software you are using. In our case we had used Primavera version P6. Find out from your business owner as to what all data he needs to upload or download using this interface. You can modify your ABAP program likewise.

2. How it works - means how data will get transferred from primaver to SAP?

a) The data between project structures will be mapped one to one basis. Ex. Project in SAP PS is mapped to Project in Primavera, WBS Elements in SAP PS will be mapped to WBS in Primavera, and Activity data in SAP PS is mapped as Activities in Primavera.

b) Frequency of data transfer will be weekly or Monthly. Every time data is exported from SAP PS to Primavera, new project will be created in Primavera.

c) Data will be transferred from SAP PS to Primavera in Batch mode and with manual intervention.

d) Data will be transferred from SAP PS in Comma Separated (.CSV) File format.

e) Primavera users will access MS-Excel interface to import data from CSV file in Primavera. MS-Excel will have a Macro written in Visual Basic Application (VBA) which will be initiated by user for data transfer.

f) Primavera Software Development Kit (SDK) will be used for transferring data in Primavera.

3. whether this transferr is Direct or some third party tool required. if yes then may know the options?

Hope the above mentioned points answer this question.

4. How much it cost approximate? any option to transfer data without any third party tool?

I may not be able to comment on the cost part since this interface was internally developed by our team. This interface is successfully being used by our organization as a reusable component in various projects, thus reducing the efforts considerably.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking for Primavera SAP integration with ABAP integration - Please let me know if we have custom solution

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Key strengths of Primavera:

1) Powerful features to maintain, update and schedule complex project structures

2) Cost effective solution for specific needs of analytical and intuitive Project planning & monitoring processes

3) Preferred by planners to plan, simulate and update project structures schedules and other key parameters

4) Useful for collaboration among various project agencies which comprise small-scale contractors / vendors

5) Easy to learn & use graphical interface

6) Easier to install and maintain

7) A proven, reliable way to manage projects of all sizes

😎 Industry norm for sharing project planning & progress information u2013 Necessary for Client Reporting

Key Strengths of SAP PS

1) Real time integration of Enterprise transactions related to

-Materials

-Costs

-Resources

2) Range of exclusive features adding value to business processes

-BOM-PS interface

-Processing of Purchasing cycle

-Cross Application Time-sheets (CATS)

4) Billing procedures and fulfillment of Accounting requirements

5) Cashflow Monitoring

6) Reliable project performance reporting with drill-downs to lowest level transaction details

7) High level of Data integrity andu2013 compliance to Corporate security policies

😎 Highly efficient for standardized tasks

9) Easy integration with other systems via ALE / I-Docs

Then integrating both the application using Inspire can benefit us over the following limitations:

Limitations of u2018Stand Aloneu2019 processes in Primavera and SAP

Primavera Inspire is been used to integrate SAP PS With Primavera.

Please find the list of SAP- Primavera Integration Tools along with their details at the following URL:

http://www.sapprimavera.com/2007/06/01/sap-primavera-integration-technology-options/

Hope u will understand teh concept.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We do not have SAP PS , we are using only SAP PM for maintenance and wish to integrate SAP with primavera for our shutdown maintenance jobs and daily planning , can you please advise if this can work , we are looking for practical solution to our current scheduling problems and duplication of efforts within maintenance dept.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

CMMSilu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing info.

Regards,

Hitesh

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

I do not all the details that you are looking as of now.

But I know couple tools that can be used to integrate Primavera with SAP.

YOu can use the tool from [Impress|www.intecpro.com] which is developed for interface between SAP & Primvera.

Other than this you can also see "SOALogix" & "[KLG Systel|http://www.klgsystel.com]" .

One more tool is available for integration of Primavera with SAP called "[Primavera Inspire|http://www.primavera.com/newsroom/primavera_sap_051 007.asp]"

[Pipeline Software|www.pipelinesoftware.com ] has an SAP-Primavera integration solution.

Thanks

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Plz refer this links.................it will answer for all your doubts...

http://www.sapprimavera.com/

http://www.primavera.com/products/inspire.asp

Regards

Chandra