Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional parameters from CTI Connector -> CRM

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are currently implementing a CTI scenario using ICI/BCB in SAP CRM 2007.

The CTI connector is successfully sending the inbound calls to the IC Web Client screen, and the business partners is identified through the telephone number.

I would like to know how to proceed in order to include additional parameters (e.g. business agreement) in the communication between CTI connector and SAP CRM.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards,

Gabriel Santana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have heard something related with Call-Attached Data (CAD), which can be used in order to identify account with parameters from CTI connector.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

former_member290439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

As you had clearly pointed out, you can include additional parameters as part of the incoming call (apart from the ANI), by making use of the CAD( Contact Attached Data ) in the IC WEB.

For this to work, you need to maintain the Profiles for Contact Attached Data in the transaction CRMC_IC_CAD (or by choosing Customer Relationship Management -> Interaction Center WebClient -> Basic Functions -> Communication Channels -> Define Profiles for Contact Attached Data .)

In this IMG activity, you define a contact attached data (CAD) profile, which determines the CAD that agents can view in the Interaction Center (IC) WebClient.

The CAD is provided by the communication management software (CMS) as an XML string. In the IC WebClient, the XML data is transformed into an internal table containing attribute and value pairs.

As far as I know, you can make use of the CAD to send upto 10 parameters to the IC Web from your CMS.

Once you are done with creation of the CAD Profile (as stated above), you need to assign your CAD profile to a business role in Customizing for Customer Relationship Management -> Business Roles -> Define Business Role.

You can also get some more help over the SAP Help Portal.

Hope this information helps.

With Best Regards,

Vinod

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply, it's a very good explanation. This is the first step to obtain parameters from to CTI to CRM.

However I don't know how to use these importing parameters from CAD in order to identify an account in IC Web Client... e.g. the CMS is sending the business agreement and I want to use this parameters to find an account.

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance

former_member290439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

You can first refer to the OSS Note 707104, where it had been explained on making use of the the BP and GUID directly for Account identification.

However, this note makes use of the BP and GUID directly. But in your case, it is something else (business agreement).

So one of the possibilities that I could see is:

--> Incoming call arrives into CTI with business agreement ID (as part of the CAD)

--> CTI do the BAPI call ( You will have to create this BAPI ) to use this Business Agreement ID in order to look up for BP Number.

--> BAPI returns BP number and GUID. (as explained in the note)

--> CTI add this CAD as part of CRM_IC/BUPA

--> BP will look up and identify automatically without any code change(this is as per the standard).

So the point is, as per the standard, the BUPA Controller will need the BP Number to be identified and confirmed. For this the CTI needs to first lookup for the BP Number, with the help of either the ANI(Automatic Number Identification, that is the incoming telephone number) or the CAD data.

Since in your case, you wanted to lookup the BP with the help of the Business Agreement(which is part of the CAD), you have to comeup with your own BAPI, which should accept the Business agreement as a parameter from the CTI and return back the respective BP Number to the CTI after successful lookup and this BP number can be made used to identify and confirm by the Account Indentification.

One thing that I'm not sure is, whether CAD and ANI are both correct, which one will take priority in the Account Identification as compared to the way it works in IC Winclient.

Hope this information helps.

With Best Regards,

Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel

Were You able to implement this?

I'm trying to achieve the same functionality,but the ANI (Telephone number) gets precedence and Contract Account which I want to use to screen pop is not working.

Can you throw some lights on this.

Best Regards

Kart.

joseph_jomy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone found a way to retrieve partner number using business agreement in CAD?

Above in the comment someone mentioned "CTI do the BAPI call ( You will have to create this BAPI ) to use this Business Agreement ID in order to look up for BP Number."

Where do I write this code to call BAPI?