cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Splitting Criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody tell me what is invoice splitting criteria in SAP?

Regards

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

1.Payer

2.Payment terms

3.Destination country

4.Actual GI date

5.Incoterms

6.Billing date and billing due date

7.Billing doc type

8.Foreign data trade

9. Sold to party

If these are different in sales orders or delivery documents the invoice will split

These are the controlling factors or creteria for invoice split and you can see in split analysis

If all these being the same then in VBRK/VBPP fields if you choose 001 in VTFL the invoices can be combined

that is multiple deliveries into single billing document

Regards

Raja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please look in to this.

The two values you see will be different and that's why you get 2 invoices. There is a field in table VBRK called Comination Criteria (VBRK-ZUKRI) which gets populated via a VOFM ABAP at the time of creating the billing doc. If you do an SE16 on table VBRK for your billing documents you will see this data. These VOFM exits are found in the copy control. An example is transaction VTFL which is the copy control for a delivery to a billing document. If we look at a standard setting, say an 'F2' billing document from a 'LF' delivery. Select the line and click on the '--> Item' button. Then double click on the 'TAN' entry for example. Next to the field called 'Data VBRK/VBRP' you will see a numeric value, eg. '007'. If you do an F4 drop down and put your cursor on the '7' value and click on the 'source code' button you will see the ABAP behind it. In this example, SAP has set up an internal table called ZUK which it fills with data and then moves to the field VBRK-ZUKRI. This example says fill the field with the Dist.Channel and Division from the order header along with the Department and Receiving Point from the delivery item. Therefore if any delivery items have different values, then create them as a seperate invoice. You can create your own ABAP codes (in the number range 600 -> 999) via transaction VOFM, then menu paths --> Data transfer --> Billing documents. You can then assign your new code to your copy control.

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also facing a problem with collective billing. I want to create an invoice from a delivery.

In the copy rules, i've set the field " VBRK/VBRP to 001.

the header data ( payer, payment terms, incoterms, billing date) are the same for both deliveries.

But when i launch the invoice, the system creates 2 invoices...

I've looked in the table VBRK and have seen that the combination criteria is the same for the 2 invoices..

Could you please tell me what is the problem ? Why cant SAP create one single invoice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following SAP note about invoice split criteria:

11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document

To analyze the cause of the split you can use the "Split analysis" function in the Environment menu when displaying or creating the billing documents.

The Split analysis button is also available in VF01 when more than one invoice gets created.

Best regards,

Csaba Soltesz

0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi Srivastva,

As a rule, the system combines into one billing document all transactions for the same customer, default billing date and sales organization.If data from the related reference documents differs in the header fields of the billing document, the system will automatically split the invoice.

An order contains terms of payment at header as well as item level. These are stored only at header level in the billing document, however. If there are different terms of payment in the reference documents, an invoice split will always be made.

If data from the related reference documents differs in the item fields of the billing document, the system does not split the invoice.

The order basis is stored at header level in the order and at item level in the billing document. The system does not split the invoice. If you require an invoice split, you must first define the appropriate split requirements in Customizing for copying control. Copying control depends on the following criteria:

o Billing Document Type

o reference document type (i.e. type of order, delivery or billing document on which the sales document is based)

o item category in the reference document

You can also display a split analysis to discover why an invoice split has occurred.

See more in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/560f63545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks,

Mariano.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

The following are the parameters for Invoice split

---> Payer

---> Payment terms

-

> Destination country

-