cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying requirements in vtaf credit memo request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copying requirements[021]: This routine checks sold-to-party, sales area, and currency is same or not when copying billing document to sales document.

experts please give clarity on the above statement. when we are creating the credit memo request , we simply in va01 give reference invoice number and we will press enter . so then all the details will be copied. And my confusion is that , we are copying from invoice everthing , then how can we check sold-to-party, sales area, and currency is same or not

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of copying requirement is that, if there are different line item in your billing document then whether it should split or not.

So it will check sold to party, sales area and currency to check whether split is required or not.

Regarding the data transfer we use data transfer routine.

So what ever data is there in billing document is copied to sales order by data transfer routine.

In that we give proper field name so that data should copied to proper place

Hope so this will clarify your doubt.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you raj for the response.

please ellobrate further on this statement.

"The purpose of copying requirement is that, if there are different line item in your billing document then whether it should split or not.

So it will check sold to party, sales area and currency to check whether split is required or not".

Different billing item means? give some business scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you three line item : - item 10, item 20, item 30.

If sold to party is different for all the three line item then there will be split for sales order.

Because we create sales order on the basis of sold to party only.

So these are some of the requirement system should check before copying the document.

And these requirements we give in copying requirement.

Hope so this will clear you more.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you pradyumna for the reply.

Raj it is very clear to me , but still one more question.

Do we create a sales order with different sold to party in one sales order?

Generally i seen we will have different ship to party in one sales order ?please clarify this , if yes? then give some scenario when it is a need to create a sales order with different sold to party?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically there will be one sold to party in one sales order.

You can have different ship to party to different line items.

In contract you can use different sold to party in customer master data.

But when you are creating your sales order you can have only one sold to party.

There is company A given contract to company B for particular material.

Now company A has different base location who can give order to company B.

So in SAP you can give different base location of company A as different sold to party.

This you can do in customer master only.

But when you create you can use any one of the sold to party of company A to make your order.

But I have never seen we can use different sold to party to create record.

Yes you are right about ship to party but same thing cant be done for sold to party.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Sales order, you can not have more than one Sold-to-party.

Sold-to-party is a header data in Sales order and it is unique (only one).

Similarly in Delivery document you can not have more than one Ship-to-party as Ship-to-party is a header data in Delivery.

But Ship-to-party is an item specific data in Sales order, so you can have multiple Ship-to-party in Sales order for different items .

In Contact, alternative Sold-to-parties can be stored in the Sales document at header level but they are identified by Partner function "AA" (not SP ) and alternative Ship-to-parties for contract release are identified by Partner function "AW" (not SH ).

One order can not be placed by multiple Sold-to-parties even if in Contract. Here system will give you a pop-up of available Sold-to-parties, from where you can choose one.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna

Hats off to you for your crisp understanding of SAP and a very clear explanation

Not only this qn overall whenever you have answered i make sure that i read eventhough i know it

because your explanation always is CRISP

Thanks for all your contributions

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

very good explanation Pradyumna, really so good.

in the say way please explain the meaning of this statement

Copying requirements021: This routine checks sold-to-party, sales area, and currency is same or not when copying billing document to sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD & Raja

I am really thankful to you both for your appreciation.I will always try to meet the expectation of this great forum.

Hi SD

When you create a Credit memo request with reference to the Billing document then all data are copied from the Billing document(Source) to the Credit memo rerquest (Target).

During this process, system automatically takes the Sold-to-party in the Credit memo request from the Payer, who is a header data in the billing document.

If you want to confirm, then display the billing document, click on Goto > Header > Partner.

You will find here, who is the Sold-to-party for the Payer. When you create a Credit memo request with ref to this billing doc, then system will automatically copy that Sold-to-party in the Credit memo request (as Cr.memo request is an Order type and a Sold-to-party is required for it to create).

If you will try to change this Sold-to-party who is not a Sold-to-party for that Payer, then system will give you warning/error, similarly you can not change the Sales area or currency while refering the billing document. If you try to do,then system will give you error and this checked through the "Copying Requirement 021" in the copying control at header level..

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much for your very very clear explanation

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the standard data of billing document.every billing documents Header will have *identification number of payer,Net value of entire dcoument,billing date,Document currency,terms of payment&incoterms,*Partner numbers,such as identification number of sold to party,pricing elements.

So copying requirements 021 copies the data from header.

Hope this will help ur clarification

rgds,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you reddy for reply.

still i was confused. billing has been done ,so all the data will be there in the generated billing documnet.

now i am copying the billing doc to sales order. now in the order there is nothing and now i am referencing the billing doc. so i will get all the data from the billing to sales order. then how can we check whether the data is correct or not.

please clarify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why confusion ?

All data will come from the reference document.

You can refer to a Billing document OR a Sales order for creating a Credit memo request.

If you are refering the Billing document and if you want to check then go to the document flow.

You will get all preceeding documents and succeding documents there which makes your checking easier.

Beside this , you can also create a "Credit memo request" with out any reference document document.

So what you will check here ?

It is created as per requirement.

Take an example of a practical situation.

Suppose, You are working in Sales, Your Dealer, who is your customer has put a complain for which you need to create a Credit memo request but he is saying that he can not give you any reference document number.

Then what you will do in that case and what you will check here?

Simply, you have create a Credit memo request without any reference document.

Hope, it is clear.