cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1DE 1.4: unknown error 2869

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't install B1DE 1.4, give me at the end of installation process an 'unknown error 2869'.

I'm using Windows Vista, with Visual Studio VB 2005 AND Visual Studio C#, SapB1 2007.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was rise by the length of the Namespaces asked at the begin of the procedure: have to be 4 char long!!!

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

B1DE installation checks the Namespace lenght you give and blocks installation in case your namespace is more than 4 characters long.

It is recommended to use short Namespaces to avoid length restrictions fixed by B1.

Nevertheless if you have a longer namespace and you don't want to /can change it to a shorter one there is a trick allowing you to use your namespace with B1DE. Just follow the steps here bellow:

1) During B1DE installation give a short Namespace of 3 characters to allow B1 DE installation.

2) After installation just run "regedit" in order to change the value of the namespace used by B1DE.

The registry you have to change is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAP Business One Development Environment\ => namespace

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\SAP Business One Development Environment\ => namespace

3) Once you have changed the registry value the new namespace entered will be used by B1DE (even if it is longer than 4 characters).

I have just tested it with a small project, if you have any problem with long namespaces in B1DE please post it here.

Hope it helps

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm installing B1DESetup_2005SP01_1.3_VS2005 and I'm still stuck in the last part. I tried the steps mentioned but the installation won't still continue. I'm running windows Vista.

Are there any other workaround for this?

Thanks

Xtian

simone_pastorin
Participant
0 Kudos

If could help someone else: run the installer as administrator.

I had same problem installing B1WS and this solved it.

Answers (0)