cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon to CMS after installing Crystal Reports Server XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Crystal Reports Server XI on a physical server on our network and chose the SQL Server option for the database. I had already created an ODBC connection to our SQL Server database and I selected that ODBC connection during the install.

After the install, I'm trying to use the .NET Administration Launchpad on that same physical server to connect to the CMS. When I enter the "Administrator" user with a blank password and leave "Enterprise" selected, the page just flashes and no message indicates the problem. Do I have something incorrectly loaded or do I need to configure something else first?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darlene,

Did you install Tomcat as well? If yes, then try with the Java version of InfoView and CMC and let me know if the same thing happens with this as well. You can try using a different browser as well like Mozilla firefox.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I did not install Tomcat. During the Crystal Reports Server install, I clicked the IIS option only.

Since having the problem logging into Enterprise, I updated Java on the server and I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 to browse with the launch pad.

Edited by: Darlene Crisp on Jan 12, 2009 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darlene,

Are the XI services running?

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. In answer to your question -

Yes, the servers are running and enabled. I am able to go to the Configuration Manager and check that all the servers are running.

Then I click the "Enable Servers" icon in the configuration manager. When requested, I enter "Administrator" with a blank password and choose "Enterprise" to logon.

When that screen is displayed, the servers are all shown with the small green arrow to indicate that they are enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darlene,

Can you log into the client tools or is it just infoview.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot log into anything that is available on the Launchpad - Infoview, Administrative tools, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any client tools on your install, for instance Publisher, Central Configuration Manager. If so can you log in through these?

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only have the Client software installed on my personal computer and when I try to login from my computer using the Business View Manager for example, I get the following error - "The system {server name}.XXXXX.xxxx can be contacted, but there is no Central Managment Server running at Port 6400."

Is the problem possibly a permissions problem or a Virtual Directory problem with IIS? I haven't created a Virtual Directory on IIS. I have network administrator privileges when I'm logged in and when I installed CR Server, I selected the default account for SQL Server - sa with our company's password.

On the server where I installed Crystal Reports Server, I am able to log on to the Central Configuration Manager to check that all servers are running and enabled but I choose the Central Configuration Manager from the list of Program Files to get to that screen.

Edited by: Darlene Crisp on Jan 15, 2009 2:54 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Darlene,

open your SQL Manager and check if there are any table written during install in your selected DB.

Also check the Eventviewer of your Server if the CMS is dropping any errors.

You said that you used your sa during the install which should be fine but maybe the sa is shrinked down on permissions due to security reasons from your IT ?!

Regards

-Seb.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
On the server where I installed Crystal Reports Server, I am able to log on to the Central Configuration Manager to check that all servers are running and enabled

This should be considered a successful client login attempt. The CCM is a client tool. If you can access the CCM from the server can you also access Business views from the server?

That will lead to the 1st issue

I only have the Client software installed on my personal computer and when I try to login from my computer using the Business View Manager for example, I get the following error - "The system {server name}.XXXXX.xxxx can be contacted, but there is no Central Managment Server running at Port 6400.

I suspect BV will work on the server if the CCM is working. So this error would indicate that you are not resolving the server properly throuhg DNS. You can try to verify this by running some tests with your network administrator and using a tool like nslookup.

Also from the client try hitting the CMS via FQDN and IP instead of the default hostname. Verify the proper CMS port (probably :6400) is appended as well in the system line. Then to the last issue

Is the problem possibly a permissions problem or a Virtual Directory problem with IIS? I haven't created a Virtual Directory on IIS. I have network administrator privileges when I'm logged in and when I installed CR Server, I selected the default account for SQL Server - sa with our company's password.

There may also be an issue with IIS but since your client tool is failing you should focus on that 1st. Is the CMC/adminlaunchpad failing from the server as well or were you accessing that from the client? Is windows enhanced security installed on the server? This can prevent sessions from being created. Have you tried changing the URL to be the FQDN or IP address (from the server) and in the system.

Let us know.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can access Business View on the network server and I've added a Data Connection via ODBC to the "CMS" database stored on a separate network server and to the Data Foundation on the Business View I've added the tables that were created when the software installed. I can also connect to Business View from the client machine.

The CMC/adminlaunchpad is failing to connect on the actual physical server where Crystal Reports Server was installed, Windows enhanced security is NOT installed on that server.

The CMC/adminlaunchpad IS connecting when I run the adminlaunchpad from the client computer by typing the address -

172.XXX.XXX.XXX/businessobjects/enterprise11/webtools/adminlaunch/default.aspx into my browser - Internet Explorer 7

Yea! I haven't been able to get even that far.

I cannot access InfoView from the client computer or the server yet. Any ideas?

Thanks for everyone's help. We are making progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darlene,

IF you go to the command line on the client tool and try and ping the CMS server do you get the correct ip address.

ping CMSName

If it does not work, check the hosts file in you Windows directory.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was unexpectedly called away from the office for a few days and I'm just reviewing the forum today.

I am able to ping the server where the CMS is loaded and the IP address is correct that is displayed.

When I log in as Administrator to the Central Management Console, I am able to view folders, objects, change groups and users, etc. but I am unable to login to InfoView. I get the following error message -

An error has occurred: No 508 compliant <TITLE> found in resource strings.

Any suggestions?

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This indicates an issue with .net version, either there is a setting missing from the web.xml, uncommented, or your .net version is not supported.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

My computer has the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 installed so I'm unsure about what to check now. I ASSUMED that if I could log into the Central Management Server that I would be able to login to the other servers.

I have published a report to the CMS and I'm able to browse to it via Internet Explorer and it is displayed but now I need to add parameters to the report so I need to do that through InfoView, right?

Thanks for your help. Crystal Reports Server is driving me crazy! We've installed SQL Server 2005 just so we can check out the Reporting Services. Our databases are in SQL Server 2000 currently and now SQL Server 2008 is out so we have a lot of upgrades to do.

Answers (0)