26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2009 8:21 AM by Deepak K.B. RSS

Valuation Class

alok saxena
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Expert

I am facing one problem actually my client buys same material from domestic vendor as well as international vendor both has different price but we have define one valuation class for that material, So when the data goes to finance it pick up domestic or international vendor so there is difference in price system cannot differentiate about the different vendor as we define only one valuation class so can we have 2 valuation class for same material if not tell me the concept of Split valuation,I mean how to configure split valuation.

Regards

• Re: Valuation Class
    Simarpreet Singh

The SAP R/3 System allows you to valuate stocks of a material either together or separately, that is, according to different valuation criteria. Split valuation is necessary if, for example:

1. Stock from in-house production has a different valuation price than externally procured stock.

2. Stock obtained from one manufacturer is valuated at a different price than stock obtained from another manufacturer.

3. Different batch stocks of a material have different valuation prices.

4. Value damaged and repair part differently from a new part.

To used split valuation, you have to activate it using 'OMW0'.

To change split material valuation once it has been set, you must

1.  first post out all stocks (for example, to a cost center or with movement type 562)

2.  then change the control parameters

3.  if necessary, change the automatic account determination

4.  finally post the stocks back in again

In split valuation, you can distinguish between partial stocks of a material according to certain criteria and valuate them separately.

The material stock is divided according to valuation category and valuation type.

The valuation category determines how the partial stocks are divided, that is, according to which criteria. 

The valuation type describes the characteristics of the individual stocks. 

With the function "Setting" you can determine:

which valuation categories exist in your company (global categories) 

which valuation types exist in your company (global types) 

which valuation types belong to which valuation category 

which valuation categories exist in a valuation area (local categories) 

Your entries are only relevant if you set split valuation as active in the function "Global settings".

In the standard SAP R/3 System, the following valuation categories are default settings :

B procurement type 

with the valuation types:

"EIGEN" for in-house production

"FREMD" for external procurement

H Origin 

X automatic valuation (only for batch) 

To select split valuation ('OMWC'), proceed as follows:

1.  Determine the valuation categories and valuation types that are allowed for all valuation areas:

global valuation categories via menu "Goto --> Global Categories" 

global valuation types via menu "Goto --> Global Types" 

2.  Allocate the valuation types to the valuation categories.

a) Select "Goto --> Global Categories".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation category and select 

"Goto --> Global Categories --> Assignments --> 'Types->Category'".

c) Activate the valuation types you want.

3.  Determine the local valuation categories for each valuation area.

a) Select "Goto --> Local definitions".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation area and select 

"Goto --> Local Definitions --> Allocate Categoires->Org.units (button Cats->(OU)". 

You obtain a list of the global valuation categories.

c) Activate the categories to be used in this valuation area.

The system creates the local valuation types based on the allocations under point 2.

Only now can you create a master record with split valuation.

Specifying Split Valuation by creating Material Subject to Split Valuation

1.  Create a material master record, selecting the Accounting View 1. 

2.  Enter your data as required on the Accounting data screen, specifying a valuation category. 

(If you can't find the valuation category field, it might be hidden, use OMSR to define the Field Groups. 

Look for the field MBEW-BWTTY for Valuation category).

3.   Be sure that the price control indicator is V for moving average price and enter a moving average price. 

4.   In the case of split valuation, you can create only one valuation header record with price control V because the 

individual stock values are cumulated, and this total value is written to the valuation header record.  This is where the 

individual stocks of a material are managed cumulatively. To do this, fill in the Valuation category field on the accounting

screen when you create the material master record and leave the Valuation type field blank.

5.   Save your data and the system creates the valuation header record.

6.   The initial screen appears.

7.   Extend the material by creating new material master records from the Accounting view 1. For the first material, specify a

valuation type in the Organizational Levels dialog box and enter the respective accounting data on the data screen. 

Proceed likewise for the other materials, distinguishing between them by valuation type.  To do this, call up the material in 

creation mode again. Due to the fact that a valuation header record exists, the system requires you to enter a valuation 

type for the valuation category.

8.   Repeat step seven for every valuation type planned.

You want to valuate the stock of material XYZ that you obtain from manufacturer A in Los Angeles at a different price than the stock you obtain from manufacturer B in Detroit. In this case, the valuation category is H for origin. Your valuation types can be LOS ANGELES and DETROIT.

If a material is subject to split valuation, every quantity (sub-stock) of this material must be assigned to a valuation type (for example, country of origin). 

For every valuation type, there are two types of data in the system, as follows:

Valuation data (for example, valuation price, total stock quantity, total stock value), which is defined for every valuation type at valuation-area level and applies to all dependent storage locations. 

Stock data, which, like batch data, is managed separately for each storage location. If a material that is subject to split valuation is also subject to management in batches, its stock data is not managed by valuation type, but rather by batch. Every batch is assigned to a valuation type.

The stock quantity, stock value, and valuation price for all valuation types are managed cumulatively at valuation-area level.

Must the Valuation Type Exist Before the First Goods Receipt?

You can post the goods receipt of material of a certain valuation type only if the valuation data for this valuation type already exists, because the system valuates the goods receipt at the price defined in the valuation data. On the other hand, the stock data for the valuation type is created automatically during the first goods receipt into the storage location, if this is defined in Customizing for Inventory Management. 

Goods Movements with Materials Subject to Split Valuation

If you want to enter goods movements for materials subject to split valuation, you must enter the valuation type in addition to the material number. 

Enter the valuation type in the Batch field for MB01.

In MIGO, there is a valuation type field in Detail data -> Material.

Kunal Ingale

hi

it is not possible to have material with 2 valuation clases

so u have to maintain split valuation

for concept refer following

http://www.helpsap.com/split.html

for config refer following

http://www.sapficoconsultant.com/Bonus/Split%20Valuation%20configuration.pdf

http://www.sap-img.com/mm025.htm

regards

kunal

Manish Kumar Agarwal

Hi,

To achieve this requirement i will suggest you to configure the Split Valuation.

You can use transaction code OMWO and OMWC to configure the split valuation.

You can define two valuation type Domestic and Imported and assign both valuation type to valuation category,

When you are creating material master, please select this valuation category in accounting view and then extend the same material code for both valuation type.

That way you can maintain the different price for same material.

Regards,

Manish

Abhee J

Hi Alok,

For configuration details of split valuation please go thru following links.

http://www.sapficoconsultant.com/Bonus/Split%20Valuation%20configuration.pdf

http://www.helpsap.com/split.html

Regards,

Abhee.

Prashanth Pai

Dear Alok,

Yours is the perfect case of split valuation in SAP environment. Explained below is the brief about split valuation and valuation class for a material:

Define Price Control for Material Types

There are two types of price control in the SAP R/3 System:

u2022     V moving average price/ periodic unit price

u2022     S standard price

For each material, you must specify the price control in the material master record according to which the material is to be valuated. You do so using the price control indicator.

Under the menu option "Price control", you can specify for each material type that, when creating a material of this material type, a certain price control indicator is

u2022     proposed

u2022     stipulated

Standard Settings

Price control is preset as follows in the standard SAP system:

u2022     moving average for materials procured externally

u2022     standard for in-house produced materials

Recommendation

SAP recommends using the presetting for each material type.

Actions

1. Specify what presetting the price control indicator is to have for what material type.

2. Specify what presettings are to be mandatory.

Split Valuation

Split valuation enables you to valuate substocks of a material in different ways (for example, according to external procurement or in-house production or by batches).

Under the menu option "Split valuation", you can determine whether and how you want to use split valuation at your company.

Activate Split Valuation - Tcode: OMW0

In this step, you configure whether split valuation is allowed at your company.

If you generally allow split valuation, this does not mean that you must valuate each material on this basis. You decide whether to do so or not for a particular material when creating the material master record.

Note

A lot of effort is required to change this setting once it has been

made.

( Actions for changing split material valuation)

u201CTo change split material valuation once it has been set, you must

1. first post out all stocks (for example, to a cost center or with movement type 562)

2. then change the control parameters

3. if necessary, change the automatic account determination

4. finally post the stocks back in again

u201C

Default settings

In the standard SAP system, split valuation is active.

Activities

Set split valuation.

Notes on transport

In this step, you maintain the table TCURM. This table activates/deactivates key functions in the client. It:

u2022     Defines the valuation level ( plant / company code)

u2022     Activates the Late material block

u2022     Activates split valuation

Since the automatic transport of an indicator could activate/deactivate other functions, you cannot use the automatic transport function here.

Maintain the Customizing function manually in the target system.

For the first Customizing transport to a target system that is not yet productive, you can transport the table manually. To do this, you must include the entry R3TR TABU TCURM in the transport request.

Configure Split Valuation - Tcode: OMWC

In split valuation, you can distinguish between partial stocks of a material according to certain criteria and valuate them separately.

The material stock is divided according to valuation category and valuation type:

u2022     The valuation category determines how the partial stocks are divided, that is, according to which criteria.

u2022     The valuation type describes the characteristics of the individual stocks.

With the function "Setting" you can determine:

u2022     which valuation categories exist in your company (global categories)

u2022     which valuation types exist in your company (global types)

u2022     which valuation types belong to which valuation category

u2022     which valuation categories exist in a valuation area (local categories)

Requirements

Your entries are only relevant if you set split valuation as active in the function "Global settings".

Default settings

In the standard SAP system, the following valuation categories are defined:

u2022     B procurement type

with the valuation types:

"EIGEN" for in-house production

"FREMD" for external procurement

u2022     H Origin

u2022     X automatic valuation (only for batch)

Actions

To select split valuation, proceed as follows:

1. Determine the valuation categories and valuation types that are allowed for all valuation areas:

o     global valuation categories via menu "Goto --> Global Categories"

o     global valuation types via menu "Goto --> Global Types"

2. Allocate the valuation types to the valuation categories.

a) Select "Goto --> Global Categories".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation category and select "Goto --> Global Categories --> Allocations --> Types->Category".

c) Activate the valuation types you want.

3. Determine the local valuation categories for each valuation area.

a) Select "Goto --> Local definitions".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation area and select "Goto --> Local Definitions --> Allocate Categoires->Org.units". You obtain a list of the global valuation categories.

c) Activate the categories to be used in this valuation area.

The system creates the local valuation types based on the allocations under point 2.

Only now can you create a master record with split valuation.

-

Regards,

Prashanth Pai

"Award, if helpful"

Shrinivas Betageri

Split Valuation will defenately solve the issue.

You can have more than one Val Class for a same material Type

-

Shrinivas

alok saxena

Dear Expert

i have activated split valuation types and create material using both material type i.e one for indian vendor and for external , but when i am creating PO the valuation type field is grey i.e i can't change to other valuation type. one valuation type is set there so my purpose is not solved  please help to resolve this issue

Regards

Edited by: alok saxena on Jan 13, 2009 6:24 AM

Manish Kumar Agarwal

Hi Alok,

Please follow the below path to change the field status of the field valuation type in PO.

Materials Management--PurchasingPurchase Order--Define Screen Layout at Document Level

Here double click on transaction code ME21N and change the status of filed Valuation type from display to Optional entry

Regards,

Manish

Manish Kumar Agarwal

Alok,

In screen layout please try to change the field status as optional entry for transection code ME21 and ME21N also

It should work.

Regards,

Manish

alok saxena

Dear

I have check al the document type i.e NBF,ME21,ME21n and other also but in this valuation type is optional , when i select valuation type i can see both but one is selected i.e grey i can't change that 

Please help me

Regards

Deepak K.B.

Hi,

Also check any values are defaulted from info record,if you have created.

Check in valuation category for your value that you have set the selected default val type external as mandatory.Remove the tick against it andtry in ME21n.

Regards,

deepak.

alok saxena

Dear Deepak

I have created this material just now so there is no issue of info record also when i click on the search button on valuation type i can see both the valuation type but since field is grey i can't selected other one , so first one is selected.

Regards

Deepak K.B.

Hi,

Check in valuation category for your value that you have set the selected default val type external as mandatory.Remove the tick against it and try.

This will prevent you from selecting more than one valuation type while creating a PO.

Regards,

deepak.

Edited by: K B Deepak on Jan 13, 2009 7:06 AM

Abhee J

Dear Alok,

u2022     Go to OMF4  ME21N  Details  click GR/IR control. In the following screen make the valuation type as optional.

u2022     Check whether global categories assigned as same, if the valuation type is assigned to in house production then it will be grey. Check in OMWC.

Regards,

Abhee.

alok saxena

Dear Expert

My client want that when we select one valuation type then vendor according to that valuation type is selected in PO i.e  for indian

material xyz

valuation type ind so system should select indian vendor only

for foreign vendor

material xyz

valuation type foreign so system should select foreign vendor only so i want this type of configuration .

i will be very be thank full to all the expert if they help me to resolve my issue

Actions