Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPNego in IE 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

We have implemented SSO Configuration between ADS and Portal 7 with SPNego wizard. The problem is that with Internet Explorer 6 it works perfectly, but with Internet Explorer 7 it doesn't wok, the logon screen appears.

I have configured de Internet Explorer Advanced Options in both cases as the wizard says:

1. Adding the *.host.domain in sites of local intranet zone

2. Enabled Windows Authentication (set to true)

So, I dont know what could be happening with IE7. I'll really appreciate your help!

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

may sound obvious, but I think it's worth first checking if for some reason the security settings do not allow automatic logon at all even in the Intranet Zone, with prompt for user name and password everytime.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Did you find a siolution for this.

We are having the exact same issue.

SPNEGO works on IE6 and not on IE7

Thanks a lot

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

IE 7 is supported, so I recommend you reproduce the issue while running the webdiagtool from note 1045019 to get more information on the cause of the issue.

Kind regards,

Cathal

0 Kudos

Check this note 1397872. There is workaround for this problem

On the client workstation create a new DWORD key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM

\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\SuppressExtendedProtection

2. Set the decimal value to 2

3. Clear all browser cache and restart the client workstation

4. After a reboot navigate to https://your-server.domain.com:ssl-port/InfoViewApp/logon/logonService.do";

We had this same problem in our portal. If you have upgraded browser from IE6 to IE7 or using IE8 problem does not exist.

0 Kudos

Instead of suppressing extended protection in browser, you can use a product that supports extended protection for Integrated Windows Authentication. Obviously turning off improved security is not good