Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in background jobs..Need some info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a background job scheduled for every 2 hours in our system.But this job is going to delay state intermittently and not getting triggered at the right time.Could anyone tell the reason for the same and let me know the transactions I have to look in .

Regards,

Srikanth.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are only so many background processes available at one time. If all of them are in use, jobs queue up and are run as processes become available.

Rob

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's a critical job you can flag it with priority "A" and reserve a batch process for such VIPs. Just like at the airport.

Thomas

0 Kudos

>

> If it's a critical job you can flag it with priority "A" and reserve a batch process for such VIPs. Just like at the airport.

> Thomas

You can try it, but not everyone has authorization to do this.

Rob

0 Kudos

"you" as in "one"...

how convenient that it's time to go home in "Old Europe" (D.Rumsfeld) once the East Coast gets up to speed

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

>

> "you" as in "one"...

> how convenient that it's time to go home in "Old Europe" (D.Rumsfeld) once the East Coast gets up to speed

>

> Cheers

> Thomas

??

Rob

0 Kudos

Oh I thought you were picking on me, so I picked back. Never mind if I got that one wrong

Thomas

0 Kudos

>

> Oh I thought you were picking on me, so I picked back. Never mind if I got that one wrong

> Thomas

No pickiness intended. I simply meant that there may be some authorization issues with changing the priority of a job. But basis should be able to do it.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Tom and Rob,

Thanks for your answers.Could you tellme the transactions where I can check the workprocesses allocated for background jobs and where I can check the load on the server etc.I need some tcodes and how to use them.Your answers are very valuable for me.

Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos

This is a basis function, so I don't know that much about it, but you can start by looking at transaction SM50.

Rob

0 Kudos

You can set the job class in SM36 and SM37. Reserving batch processes for class A jobs is done via RZ04. You probably want to be a system admin to perform this second task, as Rob correctly states.

Thomas

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Job Class defined as C?

Try changing Job Class from C to B or A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Basis team can configure CCMS to alert them when the number of free background processes drops below a specified point.

How long is the job delaying? Profile parameter rdisp/btctime (display in RZ11) controls how often the system checks for waiting background jobs so delays upto the set value are normal (default is 60 seconds but I've seen it set higher).