cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Product Search Criteria by a Custom field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement which requires me to enhance the Product Search Criteria by SETTYPE .

I have done the following:

(a) Enhanced the Search structure(CRMT_PRIL_QUERY_ADVSEARCH_PROD) via the append structure .

(b) Mainatin the attribute name, SET Type Id, Attribute ID, in the customizing table crmc_prsea_attr.

(c) Add the attribute in the UI configuration of the search structure.

The Component is PRD01QR.

The view is Search.

Please tell me what else is pending to be done.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have looked a little bit into the product search again.

The mentioned note, according to SAP, applies to CRM 5.1 + 5.2 only. Though I am positive that this will work on CRM 6.0 as well I have found some BAdIs that could be used for enhancing the search:

COM_PRODUCT_SE

COM_PRODUCT_SEARCH (did not find it in all SAP systems...)

I have not implemented them myself yet. Just mentioned here for completeness.

cheers Carsten

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could someone please put the information in this thread in the CRM wiki? The wiki is located here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/crm/home

If you don't feel comfortable, please put a link to this thread in the sticky post at the top of this forum. I will update the wiki with your requests. You can do this with any thread that has information that you feel needs to be in the wiki.

Thank you,

Stephen

SDN CRM Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to enhance the product search ( Component PRD01QR) with a new search criteria Division. Could you please advise me on how to achieve the functionality.

Regards,

Kamesh Bathla

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain entries in the Customizing Table "CRMC_PRIL_OBJ" as well. Rest whatevr you have mentioned is fine.

Regards,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can you please throw some more light on the solution.

I want to enhance the Product Search Criteria by Set type. I have done the following :

(a) Enhanced the Search structure(CRMT_PRIL_QUERY_ADVSEARCH_PROD) via the append structure

(b) Maintain the attribute name, SET Type Id, Attribute ID, in the customizing table crmc_prsea_attr.

(c) Add the attribute in the UI configuration of the search structure.

Component is PRD01QR.

View is Search .

The BOL Query object : ProdAdvSearchRgProducts.

Now I go to the table CRMC_PRIL_OBJ.

Please tell me what entries I should make there.

Thanks once again for your previous reply. I have awarded pointts to you.

Regards,

Vijay

Edited by: Balasubramanian Vijay on Jan 16, 2009 5:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Not sure whether you have resolved ur issue. The table CRMC_PRIL_OBJ is automatically updated after creating your set type in COMM_ATTRSET transaction if your product version is greater than 5.1.

The steps that you have performed are good to enable the search on a custom attribute.

1. Enhance the Search structure(CRMT_PRIL_QUERY_ADVSEARCH_PROD) via the append structure

2. Maintain an entry in the table CRMC_PRSEA_ATTR for the fields that you have added in the above step. (ATTRIBUTENAME: should be the field name given in step 1, SETTYPE_ID: corresponding set type ID that you created in COMM_ATTRSET transaction, ATTRIBUTE_ID: corresponding attribute ID that you created in COMM_ATTRSET transaction)

3. Enable the fields for the searching the UI config tool.

Please refer to SAP Note 1026956 for any clarifications

Regards,

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Puttagunta on Jan 22, 2009 1:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also trying to enahnce a Search structure. I have a question. What do you mean by enhancing the structure using Append Structure? How did you do this?

Thanks and regards,

Sowmiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please provide some pointers.....

Regards,

Vijay