cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is Referential Integrity in BI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

In the Trasformations Display Screen we have a check box tilted " INTEGRITY ". Can any one please detail me on this, like what exactly is the purpose of it and in which cases it is used ??

Thanks in Advance,

SAP USER.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If u check the INTEGRITY box for any particular Object then.....the values which are coming are checked with masterdata table.......if the value are not existing in the masterdata then those records are not updated to the target..............

Thanks/Tarak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarak & Ajeet,

Thank you so Much for helping me understand "Integrity".

It would be much clearer to me if you give me a small example with data.

I am very New to BI, so a business example would help me relate things in a much clearer way.

Thank you so much once again,

SAP USER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Example:

I will have all Customer numbers coming from R/3 to 0Customer....

If I am getting a transaction from non R/3 system...if in case that non-SAP system is having a Customer who is not defined in SAP ...... when you are loading data from non-SAP to BW you have to check Ref-Intg in transformations to omit records with a customer that is not there in 0Customer....

Thanks/Tarak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

Hav u checked this.........

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3a/14c43bb7137503e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debjani.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said ...when the values from source will get loaded and if this check box is checked then it will check each values coming from the source to the values already stored in the master data table and will give an error if master data is no already loded.

Should not use it ever if you want the data loads to happen properly or it the data loads will fail if even one of the value is not found.

Thanks

Ajeet