cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Property Tree Value Assignments - Recipe Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I see some Standard Property Trees in SAP Recipe Management provided by SAP in my 4.7 box. When I explode one of the Standard property tree I see properties like 'Density', 'Color'................. When I select one of the Property example 'Density' and go to 'Value Assignment' tab the page is absolutely blank.

Then I have to manually go to EHS IMG --Value Assignment to Tables and add the characteristic example 'value', 'temperature' against the property 'Density' and then when I go to Property Tree and value assignment tab, I can see the value, temperature, where I can manually enter the values.

The standard SAP Property trees are huge, if I start loading manually the tables with characteristics, it would be huge effort. I have not loaded the Recipe Management Add on 2.1 yet. Does loading the Recipe Management 2.1 add on take care of the above problem and load the tables with massive number of characteristics, or I have to programatically load the tables.

Kindly suggest me the solution.

Points would be provided for helpful answer.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

You can easily create your own property tree and select the value assignment types you need. Path in SPRO: EH&S->Product safety->Specification Management->Specification Database Structure->Settings for value assignment->Set up Property trees.

Regards

Jan Erik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the answer but I think you missed my point.

Let me try to explain again taking an example:

The Property Density refers to Class SAP_EHS_1013_005

This class has following characteristics if I see it under CL03

SAP_EHS_1013_005_PREC

SAP_EHS_1013_005 _VALUE

SAP_EHS_1013_005_EC_TEMP_PREC

SAP_EHS_1013_005_EC_TEMP

SAP_EHS_1013_005_PRESSURE_PREC

SAP_EHS_1013_005_EC_PRESSURE

SAP_EHS_1013_005_METHOD

SAP_EHS_1013_005_GLP

SAP_EHS_1013_005_REMARK

When I go to IMG under SET UP TABLE BASED VALUE ASSIGNMENT is completely blank in my ECC version, the characteristics are not loaded. If I continue manually loading these characteristics in table it will take days as there would be countless characteristics for all properties.......under property tree provided by SAP.

What am I missing. Does Standard Table comes BLANK.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

What I understood by your question is that under the property tree you are seeing the Value assignment node but actually when you try to access the value assignments it is not showing as these are not yet set up under Specify value assignments under specification database structure.

You can either create individual values manually or create them automatically. You go to table based value assignments and execute without entering any information under the options, then system will create values for the class with node properties.

I have some screen shots attached for your information. If you want them to please access http:
sapehstrainer.blogspot.com. My intention is not to divert you to blog but i dont have any other option but showing the same in my personal blog.

Regards

Sapehstrainer

rolandfreudenbe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

I think, is reason for the missing input fields is the assignment of the characteristic to the phrase processing. Please, check the characteristic SAP_EHS_1013_008_VALUE, tab values. You see the function module C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK.

You require now a phrase / phrase set for the valuation of this value assignment type.

You find more information in the IMG Documentation for the activity: 'Set Up Characteristics', chapter Standard settings or in the online documentation for phrase and value assigment types.

Best regards,

Roland