cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SAP GUI default language ?

Former Member

Hi,

Now it's not english I want to change it back to english - how do I do that ?

I mean default languege - displayed before logging on.

thanks

Vilius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Do you mean the SAP-Logon or sapgui?

Click on the upper left corner of saplogon and choose options, there you will find a language setting. You have to logoff from all systems and restart saplogon afterwards.

The default language of a sap-system can only be changed by your basis-team as said before.

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Jan 21, 2009 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want the SAP system language to be changed , please change the value of zcsa/system_language parameter in the instance profile.

if you want to change the SAPGUI i.e SAPLOGON PAD language , click on the upper left corner of SAPlogon pad -> click options -> change the language and give OK.

Regards,

K.Sowndarya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more thing wich anoys me. Like said before there are:

1. SAP Logon language which I changed using "click on the upper left corner of SAPlogon pad -> click options -> change the language and give OK". Now it's EN.

2. Language for my SAP user accaunt - after I login I get EN - I changed that using SU01.

But login window is still in my national language - after I enter credentials this changes to EN according to 2. But while I'm not logged in it's not EN.

How do I change that ?

thanks

Vilius

Former Member

Yes! This is what worked for me: I had a default language 'FR' on the logon window that was different from the one assigned to my user 'EN'. I went to the sap-gui (7.30) options under: SAP logon Options - General - Language. There it was 'FR'. I changed it to 'EN' and now I have the EN by default on the logon window.

This is specially useful when you connect trought Single Sing On (SSO SNC), because you don't see the logon window and the defalut language used is the one from the SAP-Gui options instead of the one on your user (SU01).

The default language on your user is only used if you untick the option of default language on the SAP-GUI.

I hope this helps.

David Elvira

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

To change the default language of SAPGUI: permanently

Login to SAP using your language code in Language field e.g.: "EN"

Go to : System -> User Profile -> Own Data

Switch to Defaults tab.

Write your language code in "Logon Language" e.g.: "EN"

Save using top menu save button.

former_member195313
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the GUI side also , You can choose the DEFAULT logon language selection from SAPGUI for all SAP systems on your configuration...

SAP Logon Language Configuration

charankumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

End user is using SAP Business client 7.70 and sets the default language as German however once the end user restarts the laptop the default language is autometicaly changes to English.

how can we fix this issue

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Vilius Mockunas on Jul 3, 2009 10:54 AM

Former Member

This screen what you want to see in EN controled by WEB AS instance, using zcsa/system_language, if you change this to

E on required instance, you will see the

login window

in English language ....

But , all other peoples will see same

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If changing the language is just for you for that session, look for a "language" box on the login screen and change whatever is there to EN. If changing the language is for the whole system and for each and every login, have your Basis guys change the default in the instance profile. They'll know how.

Charlie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Goto to SU01 or SU3, put your username and click on display/change, goto defaults, enter 'en' in Logon language and save.

Logoff and login, now you will log in with English.

Regards,

Yoganand.V