cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI content datasource stopped working - fields gone missing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

My customer is running a BI content version datasource 2LIS_02_ITM.

In BI, the transfer structure for this datasource has suddenly stopped working. It's claiming that three fields are not delivered by the datasource in the source system.

example:

"Field MCEX_UEBTO will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_02_ITM in source system SPPCLNT300"

So I look in SBIW in R/3. I go to BI Content Datasources and further in to 2LIS_02_ITM. There I can't see the fields that the transfer structure in BI are needing. But when I continue to the extract structure for the datasource, MC02M_0ITM, I can see the fields that I'm searching for. Somehow they can't be chosen in the datasource.

So this has previously worked for years. When I check the delta queue, I can actually see records which has my desired fields included. So somehow the extraction are still working - my setup in BI are still the same, but it seems that the three fields are no longer included in the delivered version of the datasource in R/3

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you are talking about the production system, check if any transports have overwritten settings in ECC and BI.

check ECC RSA3 if the extractor is picking up the field, all fields and data in RSA3 would be transferred to BI. If the field data is picked up in RSA3 check BI PSA.

Check in RSA6 if the field is selected for transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Ramesh. I'm not sure how the check if any transports have overwritten settings in ECC or BI. Are there any transaction codes for this?

In ECC RSA3, the extractor does not seem to pick up the field. So I checked in RSA2 and the fields were marked with the attribute "A". Which means that they are hidden/invisible. Does this also mean that they are unavailable? Maybe a dumb question, but sometimes just because something is invisible/hidden, it doesn't mean you can't use it.

The fields are not showing in RSA6 either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If hidden option is checked that means its invisible and will no longer be avaialable in BW system...

for that field to appear in BW it the hide option should be unchecked.

seems someone have replicated the data source in BW as well.

You can check the last change of the extract structure or data source also in RSA6->click the tab on the data source->in the menu bar->Go to object directory entry...

this will give you the date when the data source was changed...

you can also use table E071 to check the transport which changed the data source.

For the changes to extract structure you can go to RSA6->extract structure->utilities->versions->version management.

This will show you the last change done to the extract structure.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajeet for your help.

Where will I be able to set the attributes to visible? That will probably solve my problem. RSA2 would only let me display the Metadata for BI/BW for that specific datasource.

I'm thinking that any enhancement to a BI Content datasource would need a developers key - so I should probably fetch me one of those as soon as possible.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this in RSA6.

Just go to RSA6 and go inside the data source in change mode.

Here you have the checkbox for hide column infront of each field and you can just remove the check from those fields and then it will be visible and then activate the datasource and replicate it in BW.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that would be a good place to do it, but the fields are not visible in RSA6 on the datasource. Only if I click on the extract structure, then they will be shown. So do I need to change anything there first before I can go back and uncheck the boxes in RSA6?

Changing stuff there requires a developers key, and I'm guessing that should be delivered to me today or on monday.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to do the changes to datsource extract structure in development box and have it transported to production,

don't update prod system directly

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to write your own piece of program to change fields in the ROOSFIELD table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well ...before touch anything ....you must determine when was made the update to the datasource in R3 and verify that anything else has changed...i supossed that it was a support package or a version upgrade that was made in your system...you must define all the correction actions that you must apply because normally a support or an upgrade are a lot of changes...and obviously tha changes could involve many datasources....the most simple way to solve the problem would be rollback the changes in R3 and not to change the standard....talk with your basis guys about this

I hope this helps you....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution:

I went in to table ROOSFIELD. There I found the same thing that I saw in RSA2. The three fields had the attribute 'A'

So after a little time googling how to change fields in ROOSFIELD - I found this piece of code:

REPORT ZTEST_ROOSFIELD.

TABLES: ROOSFIELD.

UPDATE ROOSFIELD CLIENT SPECIFIED SET SELECTION = u2018Pu2019

WHERE OLTPSOURCE = u2018<Data Source name>u2019

AND OBJVERS = u2018Au2019

AND FIELD = u2018<Field to be made visible>u2019.

WRITE SY-SUBRC.

Worked like a charm!

The fields are once again visible in the datasource - and thus BI is happy again!

Thanks everybody for contributing to the solution to this problem. Points have been awarded!

//Anders