cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise SDK - rights basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first foray into the Enterprise SDK. Somewhat utilitarian, somewhat academic. Think documenting of a "security matrix" for an Enterprise installation. So far, so good on extracting what rights are assigned to what object for what principal. Rather specific stuff though, and my questions are more generic:

How can I get a list ALL of the different TYPES of objects that COULD have security? The nuance here is that I'd prefer not to look at a specific object, just a master list. Pseudo-code would be something like:

select SI_KIND, SI_NAME from CI_KIND_MASTER

The next step would be to determine ALL of the POSSIBLE rights for each TYPE of object. Again, pseudo-code:

select SI_KIND, SI_RIGHT_ID, SI_RIGHT_NAME from CI_RIGHT_MASTER

I do realize that I can iterate the KnownRights collection for a specific object, but again I'm looking for more of a master list.

Too much to ask? Alternatively, a link to some SDK documentation with definitive lists would do, but I'm trying to avoid being version specific (XIr2 vs XI 3.x, for example).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Rights are classified along system (generic), system specified for plugin (generic overloaded for specific plugins), and plugin specific.

There's no master list, and known rights are the way to go.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

That does answer the question, and I was afraid that was the case.

I would like to clarify this comment though:

Rights are classified along system (generic), system specified for plugin (generic overloaded for specific plugins), and plugin specific.

To put this in terms of how it is displayed in the CMC ...

System (generic) = General Global Rights General

Generic overloaded for specific plugins = Override General Global checkbox

Plugin specific = Specific Rights for xyz

Correct?

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That mapping is correct.

As an aside, the number of rights increase with feature added to Enterprise, and a few features and rights have been introduced in Service Packs in the past. So any code that handles rights should be dynamic, as you're planning to do.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (0)