I am tested the TDMS product with good results. I want create a new system and do one copy with time reduction time for new development system
What it´s the best solution?
- Install new system and do the client copy with TDMS
- System copy of production system, delete production client, create new client with UCUSV of productive system and copy client with TDMS?
Thanks a lot
I don´t understand "system shell".
Please read the master guide, a description of the system shell is in it.
A system shell is a basis system with all the programs and DDIC but without any data in it. It´s faster than doing a full system copy and deleting the production client, however, you can do that too.
Have you tried the TDMS Master Guide (service.sap.com/instguides)?
It has all the information you need to complete the Shell Creation along with the required authorisations, users etc...It helped me a lot when I first attempted shell creation.
Also try following thread for more help: Re: TDMS Guide
thanks for the reply.
I understand that the steps are:
- Create a system with full copy of sender system
- ERP Package for Client Deletion - Delete the client
- ERP Shell Creation Package for SAP Release higher 4.6C (4.70 Enterprise)
- ERP Initial Package for Time based Reduction
It´s true :).
Ok, one example, I have two systems, I want create system shell from A (client 900) to B . The central system is C
In system B I don´t have any client but the Cross is diferent to system A
I select in TDMS - ERP Shell Creation Package for SAP Release higher 4.6C
- Control system - C (all information it´s correct)
- Sender system - A (Client 900)
But i dont have any information about the receive system (A).
When execute the synchronization appears the system A, but with any information (destination ID)
and I have the error: Could not change password of RFC Destination sender system
thanks a lot for the help