cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign - actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

how can we connect action profile to campaigns in marketing? (is it done in SPRO).

I would like to launch specific action on campaign.

Regards

Radek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Marketing Planning and Campaign Management -> Basic Data -> Define Types/Objectives/Tactics.

In the type definition you have "Action Profile".

Former Member
0 Kudos

did not find, I used communication type to create documents and then badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create Action profile for Campaign in SPRO, pls follow below path for creation

Customer Relationship Management -- > Basic Functions>Actions > Actions in Marketing Planning --> Change Actions and Conditions

Here we can create for Action Profile for Campaign, Trade Promotion and Deals. Best would be copy the std and make reqd changes in it.

Rgds

Mallikarjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can create action profile for ALL campaigns only?

/by inserting BOR object/?

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the following help document that could be useful to you.

Actions for Campaign Automation

Use

In campaign automation, responses to a marketing campaign are created, evaluated and, if necessary, additional campaign steps are planned and executed.

In the standard version, a customer response is defined as an inbound contact. If a preceding campaign element is assigned to this contact, then campaign automation rule evaluation is started and additional subsequent steps are scheduled. The Actions of the transaction are used for this.

Alternatively, a lead object with origin Campaign Response can be processed as a customer response. To do this, the appropriate action profile must be assigned to the transaction type.

Example

In Customizing, the action for campaign automation is assigned to the action profile activity of object category BUS2000126. The system checks for an inbound business activity as a scheduling requirement.

Method MKTCA_PROC_INB is used to execute the action.

Method MKTCA_PROC_INB is an implementation of the method EXECUTE of the interface IF_EX_EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF.

Process flow in method MKTCA_PROC_INB

1. Determine reference object (current document).

2. Read data for current document using function module CRM_ORDER_READ.

3. Check whether a campaign element or a campaign is assigned as a preceding document.

4. Determine the business partner and the activity partner from the document. The method supplied P_GET_PARTNER only takes into account the transaction categories of business activity and sales order.

For marketing contacts and lead objects, the partner function categories of activity partner and contact person are read. For sales orders the partner function categories of sold-to party and contact person are read. If additional scenarios need to be supported, the method must be supplemented accordingly.

5. Call method PROCESS_INBOUND.

As well as the action in the action profile ACTIVITY, the action profiles CAMPAIGN_AUTOMATION_ACTIVITY (BUS2000126), CAMPAIGN_AUTOMATION_LEAD (BUS2000108), and CAMPAIGN_AUTOMATION_ISALES (BUS2000115) are also supplied. These contain only the action for starting subsequent steps in campaign automation. They can either be assigned directly to a transaction type or be used as a template for creating your own action profile.

Activities

In Customizing for actions, the following steps must be performed for campaign automation:

Create or select action profile

The action determines and starts subsequent steps in campaign automation and must be assigned to an action profile. This can be a standard profile or a customer-defined profile. Choose: Define action profiles and actions

Create action definition

The action definition supplied in the standard is action ACTIVITY_CAMPAIGN_AUTOMATION in the action profile of ACTIVITY. This can be used as a template for the definition of your own actions. Choose: Define action profiles and actions

Define Conditions

You define the schedule condition and the start condition for each action definition using transportable conditions. To do this, choose Define Conditions.

By planning the start condition Survey Template Completed , you can ensure that the follow-up processing is only started once a completed survey is available.

Assign action profile to the transaction type

This involves the assignment of action profile, transaction type, and transaction category. Choose: Assign action profile to the transaction type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think following link will help in solve your problem to trigger an action for campaigns

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/46/044c194a8b3d54e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Thanks and Regards

Ravi Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not looking for actions for campaign automation (these are connected to transaction types -> documents).

I am looking for a way to connect action profile to campaign (eg. SPRO - CRM - Basic Functions - Actions - Actions in marketing planning).

I want that my action will raise event.

Regards

Radek