Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrokflows in HR :Training and Event Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to enable the Standard Workflow PE_APPROVE01 (Approve Employee's Attendance Booking) which needs to be triggered once an Employee requests for a Training via Trnx: PV7I.

I enabled the event linkage via SWETYPV and also the binding in the Triggering event of the WF.

Event REQUESTED of Object PDRELA_025.

But, when I execute the Trnx: PV7I and debug, I see event CREATED of Object ATTENDANCE being triggered in the FM SWE_CREATE_EVENT.

Also, I need some information on the Table T779W which stores rules(FM to be executed in a particular scenario). For all T&E, object PDRELA_025, I see the rule as "HR_EVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION".

This Fm is called via PV7I and this FM calls SWE_EVENT_CREATE which is using the event CREATED of Object ATTENDANCE.

Do I need to change this setting, and create my own FM to trigger the Event REQUESTED of Bus Object: PDRELA_025?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in transaction OOCU.

You need to activate event linkage here and assign the agents.

If it still doesnt work, then you need to check SPRO settings. There has to be some flag to be set to trigger the event automatically.

If SAP has provided the event, then there must be some customizing setting needed to raise this event. I dont think you need to write any FM.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the configuration with one of my friends system.

It has entries in T779X for the Object E and all Subtypes.

the Function module being a Z FM. I am not clear if this setting is a must.

I am not able to trigger the WF directly from PV7i.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the table T779X.

You must have the entry for you object and event in it.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Can you detail the Entries in T779X?

If there is a Z FM in the entries, can you brief the processing logic of the FM.

These 2 informations should help me a lot.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

0 Kudos

Hi,

T779X has following fields. you can get the info in SE11.

OTYPE Object Type

INFTY Infotype

SUBTY Subtype

WFOPR Update Operation

LFCOD Key: Activity

WFSEQ Sequence Number for Workflow Events

BUSOB Object type

EVENT Event

RULES Name of Function Module

Regarding the processing logic,

it depends upon what you want to achieve.

if you want to create an event,

call FM SWE_EVENT_CREATE in that Z FM.

Just open any FM in T779X and check.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the contents of the table for OTYPE E and Infotype 1001.

Info would greatly help me.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

former_member1229370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I am also having problem in triggering workflows. Did you manage to resolve it.

I created following entries using SWEHR3 but still workflows (WS01200147 / WS01200151 and WS01200160) are not triggering.

Entries are as follows -

Obj.Type IT SubTy Upd Acty Bus.Object Event

-

Bus.Event 1001 A025 * BOKF PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

Bus.Event 1001 A025 * BOKP PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

Bus.Event 1001 A025 * BOKW PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

Bus.Event 1001 A025 * CNOW PDRELA_025 DELETEREQUESTED

Bus.Event 1001 A025 * CPRB PDRELA_025 DELETEREQUESTED

Function module column left blank (b'se you can't enter EVENT and FM on the same line) And so on...

SWEHR2 also contains entries for Business Object PDRELA_025 but event columns is blank and FM column has function module HR_EVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION.

Am I missing something...do we need to mention events in SWEHR2 also.

Please urgently advice.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Pras

0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to trigger TEM workflows using PSV1. I did some configuration in SWEHR3. There are few steps involves which includes configuration + writing a function module. Won't be able to type all the steps here. If anyone need more details, please drop me a mail at pras.durafe@gmail.com and I will send you a document to set this up.

Thanks and Warm Regards

Pras Durafe

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone get this to work? I am having trouble triggering workflow for PE_APPROVE01 (Approve employee's attendance booking).

I have created entries in table T779X (through SWEHR3) as:

E 1001 A025 * BOKF 0 PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

E 1001 A025 * BOKP 0 PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

E 1001 A025 * BOKW 0 PDRELA_025 REQUESTED

E 1001 A025 * CNOW 0 PDRELA_025 DELETEREQUESTED

E 1001 A025 * CPRB 0 PDRELA_025 DELETEREQUESTED

...but as soon as it calls function RH_OBJECTKEY_BUILD, it fails and doesn't create the REQUESTED event.

As the key field for AttendeeID in object PDRELA_025 references OBJEC-REALO, function RH_OBJECTKEY_BUILD tries to find a corresponding field in structure PPKEY to create the object key. As it can't find this field in PPKEY, it fails and doesn't create the REQUESTED event. Is there something I've done wrong?

thanks

Jason

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

did you find finally a solution for above mentioned problem? I have exactely the same situation (see below). Would be great if you can help me!! Thank you in advance

As the key field for AttendeeID in object PDRELA_025 references OBJEC-REALO, function RH_OBJECTKEY_BUILD tries to find a corresponding field in structure PPKEY to create the object key. As it can't find this field in PPKEY, it fails and doesn't create the REQUESTED event. Is there something I've done wrong?

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hello Pras,

I have got the same problem.

Could you please tell me how can I resolve it?

Thanks

Regards