cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"where used" list for BEx variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Where can I get a "where used" list for BEx variables?

Best Regards,

Luís Andrade.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis,

If you want to do this one-at-a-time, the easiest way I know of is to run Query Designer and open a query (or create a new one) for any InfoProvider that has the InfoObject with the variable of interest. Next, open the InfoObject on the lefthand side until you get to the list of variables. Select the variable of interest and right-click on it, then choose "Where Used".

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, I don't know even one characteristic with the variable I'm looking for.

I saw this variable being processed in the variables' user exit ZXRSRU01, and I would like to know where it's being called.

Best Regards,

Luís Andrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK then, how about this technique...

Open Admin Workbench (RSA1) and choose Transport Connection --> Object Types --> Query Elements --> Variable --> Select Objects. Find the variable of interest and transfer it back to the main screen, then right-click and choose 'Display Description'. That will show you a "where used" list of queries, workbooks, etc.

If you want, you can then use the previous technique to open one of the queries, find the variable in the query, and determine which InfoObject it is associated with.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good one.